Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconf on Catalyst 9800-40 (HA mode)

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Dev Community,

I have some questions, which I would like to ask from you guys.

I’m interested in the topic of Netconf usability on Catalyst 9800-40.

Is it available (usable) in SSO (active-standby) mode?

I saw some topic, that it can be used for monitoring the standby wlc.

What about the active one?

Waiting for your kind response.

Kind regards,

Balint

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I said, DNAC uses netconfig in order to manage the WLC and not only they manage WLC with SSO but you can configure the SSO using the DNAC, so, based on that, I am pretty sure netconf works with stand alone or HA WLC.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Netconfig is an API and can be used in any device that supports it. 9800 does support Netconf either in Active or standy.

Cisco DNA Center use Netconf in order to manage devices like 9800  and you can benefit from it if you build your code.

From what i read, only GET (no copy-config etc) commands Document can be used on the standby/ Redundancy Management Interface (RMI) which is ok for monitoring the standby.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the answers!

bigevilbeard , I mainly would like to monitor the active WLC. 

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

If you guys read the netconf protocol's description, there is a sentence, that makes me uncertain, whether I can use it or not.

"The NETCONFfeature is notsupported on a device running dual IOSd configuration or software redundancy."

netconf.png

As I said, DNAC uses netconfig in order to manage the WLC and not only they manage WLC with SSO but you can configure the SSO using the DNAC, so, based on that, I am pretty sure netconf works with stand alone or HA WLC.

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

I understand now Flavio.

Thanks for the explanation and for your help!

Balint Szepessy
Level 1
Level 1

I found an offical information in terms of netconf usability on HA systems.

netconf.png

source: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/enterprise-networks/nb-06-ios-xe-prog-ebook-cte-en.pdf  (page 76)