cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open in new tab

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, so I did fail to search if this has been requested before, but hey I can be lazy once in a while....

What I'd like to see, is that when someone posts a link, instead of opening in the same browser/tab, that it opens a new window.  that way you don't lose track of what article/question/blog you were looking at. 

The HTML code for it is target="_blank" but I have no clue if this can be integrated into the code on the forums or not.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered       

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

I agree it would be useful default behavior.

Meanwhile, I usually just right-click on the link and select "open link in new tab". That option works in Chrome, Firefox and IE. (IE omits the word "link".)

yeah, I do that if I'm thinking about it.  or hit back, then do it.  but if the default behavior were to open a new tab.....

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

if the default behavior were to open a new tab.

It should be an existing setting in your browser options.

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Guys,

Let me look into this one and see what we can do.  I can also see the advantages in this.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Quick Links