cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD & Jabber

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

We will soon be implementing UCCX and will be using Cisco Agent Desktop as the client on Agent's Windows 7 PCs. We'd also like to implement Jabber for these Agents, so that they can click-to-call contacts from Active Directory and Outlook, as well as instant messaging and presence.

Do other companies that run UCCX use both CAD and Jabber on their Agents PCs?

2 Replies 2

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

Robert,

We are currently using CUPC, CAD and have UCCE deployed.  We are testing Windows XP and 7 with CUPC click to dial and will soon be testing Jabber to do the same. 

In the near future I would say yes we will be using CAD and Jabber on agent PCs.

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Late reply, but thought I'd chime in.

If Jabber is their ONLY phone, you're fine.  If you use Extension Mobility, note Jabber doesn't support it and UCCX has really, really buggy behavior in regards to how it detects "shared" extensions.  If you have a requirement for EM, use IP Communicator as the soft phone instead of Jabber.

Do note, Jabber has a call control popup when a call is answered, and it conflicts with CAD's "steal focus" fucntionlality.  The end result in that is that it provides a subpar user experience with stuff popping up in mulitple applications while the agent is processing calls.

Cisco hasn't committed any timing on fixing any of this, as far as I've seen.

Jabber is not a 1:1 replacement for CUPC.  Cisco actually removed/discarded functionliaty in CUPC when they shifted to developing Jabber.  I'd expect this to be temporary, since Jabber should replace both CUPC and CIPC, but that's a long ways away based on the release iterations we've seen in Jabber thus far.