Views
Helpful
Replies

call consult transfer not working; not transferring call or ringing

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

im working on a uccx script. requirement is like this:

when press 1 it should transfer to extension 1080(this is not an agent number) and phone rings . if the extension 1080 didnt answer the call after certain rings, it should transfer to call center agent. how can i achieve this?

i tried to use "call consult transfer" but nothing happened ie no transfer or no ringback ? I can use call redirect but it doesnt have timeout option in it.

may i know how to achieve this and how call consult transfer normally works?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you see the call ring the phone on a consult call transfer?  The reason I ask is because I have seen/heard dead air on a transfer like that.  You would only get audio on an answer or voicemail condition, there is no ring back or gold music.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

There is a Call Consult Transfer option which has a Timeout option, as well as a Call Redirect option.  I use the Call Redirect for blind transfers.  When you say nothing happens do you mean you do not hear a ring back upon transfer or the call never reverts after the time out value?  Can you confirm that the Call Consult Transfer destination rings when that option is selected?

CCT.PNG

EDITED: note you need to put something in the timeout branch.

Yes nothing happens means it didnt transfer the call and didnt ring back.

Can you share that piece of your config?

pls find it as attached. Im passing the values as parameter. in application im setting values for extension. 

While debugging i found it never ending up in successfull alway end up in timeout.

any update pls

is this something related to CSS and partition for CTI route point and CTI port/ CCG ?

what i need to check if its related to that? 

The variable is type string and has the correct extension?

Can you send the call to a different extension via consult transfer?

Can you change it to a Call Redirect step and see if it works with that or any extension?  

It would be best to send it to an extension on a phone you can monitor so you can see if it reaches the transfer or redirect extension.

The variable is type string and has the correct extension? "YES. it is string and has correct extension"

Can you send the call to a different extension via consult transfer? "Same situation"

Can you change it to a Call Redirect step and see if it works with that or any extension?   "Yes its working with call redirect"

Can you see the call ring the phone on a consult call transfer?  The reason I ask is because I have seen/heard dead air on a transfer like that.  You would only get audio on an answer or voicemail condition, there is no ring back or gold music.

Yeah. i really forgot that it doesnt have ring tone instead  it will provide only musiconhold. 

Its working fine. 

The situation is that im not in the site. so i was not knowing whats going on there. 

Glad you got it sorted out.  It is definitely difficult to troubleshoot certain things remotely.  We use an application called Variphy Insight, it would allow you to remotely view and control an IP phone and "see" it ringing and answer the call.  There is also iMagicle and I am sure other applications to desktop view an IP phone screen.  Comes in handy. 

On that type of silent transfer I have put a prompt saying please hold while I try that extension.  Getting dead air after making an option selection is a bad experience for a caller.

derek.andrew
Level 1
Level 1

We recorded the sound of a ring back and set that as the network music on hold. The caller then hears the ringing when the call is blind transferred.

Even client had the same . but i was confused with my timeout transfer with this one.