cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callback option and wait time strings

enriquecabanas
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have the Callback option for our customers and the formula is 5 minutes waiting should give you the call back option but there is a second value that if the call will be answer in less than 2 minutes then you don't get the option for callback.

I need to have it where any call on the queue is waiting for five minutes then they should get the callback option automatically.

I am new to scripting and I am looking for some guidance.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This logic is inside of something called a Script.  In order to read/write scripts, you need to install the CCX Script Editor on your workstation.  You can get it by logging into your UCCX server's Administration page at:

https://<your uccx server>/appadmin

Then navigate to Tools > Plugins.  After you download and install it, you need to reboot your workstation.

Now that you have that installed, you need to launch it from the Start menu and sign in with the same credentials you used to log into the web Administration page.

From here, you will need to open the script in question.  So, keep in mind this:

• Triggers are Directory Numbers and Point to Applications
  • Applications are configuration containers and reference Scripts
  • Scripts are files which contain the logic for how to handle callers

So, to find the right script to edit, you need to start by knowing the Directory Number callers use to call into the system.  Then track down the Application, and lastly the Script.

• Triggers can be found in the web Administration page under Subsystems > CM Telephony > Triggers
  • Applications can be found in web Admin under Application Management > Applications
  • Scripts can be found in web Admin under Application Manager > Scripts

Once you get the script open, it should read relatively easily, from top to bottom.  Try to find the Get Reporting Statistics step, where the script is getting the Callers Expected Wait Time (EWT), and subsequently an If step which checks if the EWT is 2 minutes or less (you might see it in seconds = 120).

You could delete the logic, or you could simply increase the EWT conditional from 2 minutes to say 600 minutes (36,000 seconds), which is 10 hours, an EWT you should never see, therefore all users will be offered a callback.  This way you can easily revert the feature back down to 2 minutes if needed.

Once you've made the change, do a Tools > Validate in the script Editor, and fix any errors it tells you about, otherwise, it should say "success."

Then you need to save the changes and upload the script back up to the server, overwriting the existing file and refreshing the script and app when prompted.

That should get you pretty far.  I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This logic is inside of something called a Script.  In order to read/write scripts, you need to install the CCX Script Editor on your workstation.  You can get it by logging into your UCCX server's Administration page at:

https://<your uccx server>/appadmin

Then navigate to Tools > Plugins.  After you download and install it, you need to reboot your workstation.

Now that you have that installed, you need to launch it from the Start menu and sign in with the same credentials you used to log into the web Administration page.

From here, you will need to open the script in question.  So, keep in mind this:

• Triggers are Directory Numbers and Point to Applications
  • Applications are configuration containers and reference Scripts
  • Scripts are files which contain the logic for how to handle callers

So, to find the right script to edit, you need to start by knowing the Directory Number callers use to call into the system.  Then track down the Application, and lastly the Script.

• Triggers can be found in the web Administration page under Subsystems > CM Telephony > Triggers
  • Applications can be found in web Admin under Application Management > Applications
  • Scripts can be found in web Admin under Application Manager > Scripts

Once you get the script open, it should read relatively easily, from top to bottom.  Try to find the Get Reporting Statistics step, where the script is getting the Callers Expected Wait Time (EWT), and subsequently an If step which checks if the EWT is 2 minutes or less (you might see it in seconds = 120).

You could delete the logic, or you could simply increase the EWT conditional from 2 minutes to say 600 minutes (36,000 seconds), which is 10 hours, an EWT you should never see, therefore all users will be offered a callback.  This way you can easily revert the feature back down to 2 minutes if needed.

Once you've made the change, do a Tools > Validate in the script Editor, and fix any errors it tells you about, otherwise, it should say "success."

Then you need to save the changes and upload the script back up to the server, overwriting the existing file and refreshing the script and app when prompted.

That should get you pretty far.  I hope that helps.

enriquecabanas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your quick respond. I am changing the EWT to a higher number stead of changing or removing the logic. I think changing the EWT should work.

Thank you