Views
Helpful
Replies

can I update configuration of a call studio Form element

sreekanth47
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I'm using a form element with voice,and  I've a grammar file, the business of this form element is, it asks caller to prompt  either "claims", "auto", "renew". My grammar file recognizes these prompts well. But when caller say something other than this , element took Nomatch path. So far it went well. But If caller says "auto" as the menu recognizes this and go to done exit state.But for this prompt "auto" the element should go to no match path without changing grammar file. Is this achievable by call studio ?, can I throw a no match event whenever call says "auto". or can I update configuration of form to exclude "auto" and treat this as nomatch.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,
Regarding your question with "claims", "auto", "renew".
It sounds like you've changed the audio prompt to just ask the caller if they want claims or renew, but you haven't changed the grammar. Is that right?
Is there a reason why you can't change the grammar file to just contain claims and renew?
Is the grammar in a separate file that's being pointed to by a URL (VoiceGrammar setting in Studio Form element)?
Or are they listed in Studio, listed as VoiceKeywords?

If you can't change the grammar, but if you can change the Studio app, you could do as David mentioned. Follow the Form with a Decision element where you check a couple of If statements:

if the ElementData for the Form_01 value equals Constant String claims (exit state claims)
if the ElementData for the Form_01 value equals Constant String renew (exit state renew)
Otherwise: no_match

To make the app behave the same whether the caller says auto or gets an actual nomatch in the Form, then set the Form's setting MaxNoMatch to 1 (so every nomatch goes back to VXMLServer) and connect the Form_maxnomatch exit state to the same Decision element.

Connect the Decision no_match exit state to a Counter (increment a counter), then check the counter (Decision) is less than some value like 3, if so then play a message like 'invalid entry' to the caller, and loop back to the Form element.

This is just an idea. There are other ways to accomplish what you want. You can email me at JGraves(at)TrainingTheExperts(dot)com to discuss further.

Janine

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If you can't change the grammar then you will have to check the results of the recognition and then branch to no match if it's "auto".

david

HI David, thank you, how can I map results of recognition to No Match event.

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,
Regarding your question with "claims", "auto", "renew".
It sounds like you've changed the audio prompt to just ask the caller if they want claims or renew, but you haven't changed the grammar. Is that right?
Is there a reason why you can't change the grammar file to just contain claims and renew?
Is the grammar in a separate file that's being pointed to by a URL (VoiceGrammar setting in Studio Form element)?
Or are they listed in Studio, listed as VoiceKeywords?

If you can't change the grammar, but if you can change the Studio app, you could do as David mentioned. Follow the Form with a Decision element where you check a couple of If statements:

if the ElementData for the Form_01 value equals Constant String claims (exit state claims)
if the ElementData for the Form_01 value equals Constant String renew (exit state renew)
Otherwise: no_match

To make the app behave the same whether the caller says auto or gets an actual nomatch in the Form, then set the Form's setting MaxNoMatch to 1 (so every nomatch goes back to VXMLServer) and connect the Form_maxnomatch exit state to the same Decision element.

Connect the Decision no_match exit state to a Counter (increment a counter), then check the counter (Decision) is less than some value like 3, if so then play a message like 'invalid entry' to the caller, and loop back to the Form element.

This is just an idea. There are other ways to accomplish what you want. You can email me at JGraves(at)TrainingTheExperts(dot)com to discuss further.

Janine