Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX - Call Consult Transfer ends up on Unsuccessful branch

HI CCX script experts!

My customer have CCX on version 8.5.1 latest patch!

Their using an application script which acts like an IVR where their using a menu so you can press 1 to get to sales press 2 to export etc.

If pressing 1 for Sales the script do a "Consult transfer" and if busy the call branch to "Busy" where the call is put on hold for 20 seconds then loops back to the Consult transfer step.

The number of loops if busy is setable with a Application parameter!

It all works up til 4 loops but when extending the number of loops to 5 then when the call hit the Consult transfer (always after 5 loops) the call hits the Unsuccessful branch!

Less than 5 lops works always works!

So the question is why it goes to unsuccessful after 5 and more loops?  The time the call active when it fails is about 2:20 minutes

Is there anybody who can help here?

Rgds, Mikael

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I might have an idea. You are actually creating 5 calls and that might be the maximum number of calls for the CTI port of the UCCX.

Why are you using consult transfer?

Did you try the simpler "Call Redirect" step?

G.

HI!

Hmm, that acctually explains it since i have 5 CTI ports in that CC group in the CCX!

Didn't know that it consume a CTI port every loop! Do that mean that if a second call will come in that there are no CTI ports for that call to land on??

1.Reason for using Call Consult transfer is that we're faking queing to play MOH during busy and no answer back from HUNTGROUPS.

2. Also, i'm not sure if call redirect will be able to give back "control to the calling script" when dialing out to a "non answering hunt group". Do you know?

Thx for your help

rgds Mikael

Hi,

well, you can actually do this:

1. place call on hold

2. attempt to transfer, using Call Redirect,

3. if transfer unsuccessful, unhold

G.

Hi again!

Sounds interesting to try if this method doesn't create several calls like in Call Consult Transfer loops!

I get back later with a result

Thx for your help

Rgds Mikael