Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse 12.6(2) - Opening Gadgets in IE mode

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This is regarding a UCCE environment version 12.6(2).

We have a custom gadget (Web Application) in Finesse that is compatible with IE mode only. Since Finesse version 12.6 is not compatible with IE mode (only with Chrome and Edge Chromium), is there any workaround to solve this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies 3

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes - the workaround is to update / develop the gadget so it works on modern browsers!

Why does the gadget not support Chrome / Edge etc?

Gerry

Hello Gerry and thank you for taking the time to respond.

The gadget is a core banking application that is currently supported with IE mode only. I do agree with you that it should be updated as well, however, for the time being it is not feasible, that's is why I'm checking if Finesse can be customized to be compatible with IE.

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Think about what you are asking. Can Cisco updated / develop Finesse to be supported on a browser which is already end of life since June 2022? 
IE11 is not as secure or as feature rich as modern browsers (Chome, Edge, Firefox) and has already reached end of life. 

I understand that many large companies take time to move away from legacy applications - but what they need to do is to update the Gadget to work with Chrome, Edge, Firefox and not be looking to try to get it working with IE11.

You can try to see how the Gadget and Finesse works in Edge IE Mode - but while this might work for your gadget - it might not be supported for Cisco Finesse - but worth testing.

IE End of Life (June 2022)
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/internet-explorer-microsoft-edge#what-is-the-lifecycle-policy-for-internet-explorer-

Edge IE Mode

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/internet-explorer-mode-in-microsoft-edge-6604162f-e38a-48b2-acd2-682dbac6f0de

Regards,

Gerry