Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse IP Phone Agent (FIPPA) for UCCX 11.6

eric.neoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

For FIPPA, the login details such as Agent ID, Password fields are alphanumeric type. Is there any setting or any way to make these fields as Numeric type instead of Alphanumeric type? Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Eric

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I don't think so. If it were, what would you imagine a user would type in as a numeric value? E.g., Their extension and PIN only?

Hi Anthony.

I mean the agent still needs to key in the Agent ID as well, it is just that in the CUCM directory user, those User IDs would be numeric IDs instead of alphanumeric IDs.

Thanks & Regards,
Eric

Hi ,

change CUCM Service Parameter Configuration  for extension mobility Alphanumeric User ID change to False .

Ram.SRequired Field  

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi Ram.S.

thanks for your advice. Does Extension Mobility configuration in service parameter applies to FIPPA as well? How about the password field? Any way to change it to numeric type?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Eric

No that's not the same thing. I think Ram was confused about what you were logging into. In order to convert all User IDs on your system to numeric, you would need to change the CUCM LDAP System LDAP Attribute for User ID to something else, like employee ID. But this has much larger ramifications than just FIPPA, so I would not recommend you just switch it without first researching, testing, and planning it very well.