Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE 10.5 functions

Strmic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are preparing CC strategy for next years, now we are running on UCCE 10.5 and we are struggling with lack of skills from our supplier. I don't know if we can trust them, so maybe this forum will be more trustworthy. Now we have three priorities - online reporting, VHT (virtual hold technology) and agent reskilling tool.

I know that VHT is available in Cisco CVP as a courtesy callback, but is there any chance to turn on this feature on UCCE 10.5 without the necessity of CVP implementation?

Another challenge for us is online reporting - I have some experience with Avaya products like CMS or APC which served for reskilling and monitoring of agents. Avaya provided some basic online reporting of agents, incoming calls, lines etc. but on Cisco, we don't have some similar reporting.  Instead of it, our supplier leaves us to pay for a personalized reporting solution. So please, does Cisco provide some kind of basic online reporting right on UCCE without CUIC?

The last one is a reskilling tool - now we need to change skills to each agent separately. So, the same question - is there any chance to have on UCCE 10.5 some reskilling tool that will be available to change skill on groups of agents?

Thanks a lot for your advice and sorry for not very good English...

Best

1 Reply 1

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

Hi there,

Regarding your three points:

1) Courtesy call back (or Virtual Hold): this feature is available out of box after CVP 9.0 if i remember correctly. to successfully implement this feature you have rework your ICM script which is handling the queue part, you also have to update your VXML application and have to use some of the already shipped VXML applications with CVP for handling the virtual call. you also will need at-least one CVP reporting server  configured and up for the courtesy call back to work. and you have to update very little of gateway configurations.

2) Online reporting: for the reporting you must need Cisco CUIC installed and configured. there are some pre-loaded stock reports comes with CUIC and you can also customize reports based on your needs. there is no other application i can think of which does out of box reporting for UCCE, and as always the UCCE database schemas are well documented and published so you can always have your customize application to fetch the data from the database on present it as a online report to you.

3) Agent reskilling: this feature is also out of box available with UCCE, while installing ICM distributor (formerly known as AW) component you can enable the Agent re-skilling option and the tool will be enabled and web based application. supervisors of agent team can re-skill agents as they need.