Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Play Prompt Dynamic Path to support multiple language

vinodkewate
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I am trying to do is to create seperate subfolder (say PT, IT, FR in prompt management under US-en) and then from ICM script will pass path to IPIVR script. These subfolder will contain that language wave file.

Can you suggest me best way to do this.

Also how i can pass this dynamic path to Play Prompt node in CRS script.

Thanks in Advance

Vinod

2 Replies 2

c-pinilla
Level 1
Level 1

You can change the language with the 'SetContactInfo' step. In this case the system will look for the prompt files in the folders US-en, FR-fr, IT-it... depending on the selected language.

There is another way to do it. You can initialized the prompts inside the script. For example, if you want to play a welcome prompt in english, you can set the prompt variable with the value 'EN\welcome.wav'. For french it will be 'FR\welcome.wav. In this case you will always use the language defined in the Route Point (i.e. US-en) and the prompts should be in subfolders under US-en (this is the way you were trying to do it).

In both cases all the prompt files should be named with the same name in every language.

Thank you for the post. I had everything but the SetContactInfo and was having problems getting the language to change mid script. Thanks for the post.