cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC 12.5 none SSO supervisor users

boyd.lynn
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know how to add a non supervisor SSO users to CUIC? You can add non supervisor users with LDAP but I have not found a documented way of doing it with SSO. My customer uses SSO and wants some of their agents to have access to CUIC. I cannot see anyway of doing this apart from

1. Adding them as CUIC users which I don't want to do.

2. You can hack it by creating the user initially as a supervisor, synchronising with CUIC and then untick the supervisor box in the agent configuration.

Is there any other way of doing it?

8 Replies 8

What specifically is it that they want to see? For instance, is it something you can show via a dashboard for the group, since that can be set up to not require authentication.

Hi Bill,

They want full access so that they can create their own reports. Probably not Report Definitions.

Cheers

Boyd

For #1, when you say you don't want to create their IDs in CUIC, would you be OK if you "just" had to modify ones that were created for the users?

I'm struggling to understand the use case a little bit, agents that need to be able to customize and run reports but not supervisors.

Would a report you created for them via the dashboard give them what they want, since they could just update the filter for whatever they're running?

>>I'm struggling to understand the use case a little bit, agents that need to be able to customize and run reports but not supervisors.

My understanding is that these are back end users who want MI and may occasionally handle calls during busy times.

They probably could manage with Permalinks but unfortunately when they were using LDAP instead of SSO we said that they could have access to CUIC. Now that they are on SSO they want the same access.

The permalinks (that would contain the reports) do not need any type of authentication, if you want to go that route, so you just provide the links to them and you're set.

Another option, if it is the same with 12.5, is have a user who is not set up in CUIC to try and access CUIC. In some past versions, that created the login for you, so then you'd just need to go in after them and adjust their permissions. Can you try that with a user and let us know if that workaround still works? Basically saves you the trouble of creating the user, you're simply adjusting their permissions.

Hi Bill,

Yes if you login with a valid LDAP account it will automatically create the account in CUIC. However this does not work with SSO accounts. I think that I may have to just bodge it by initially creating all the agents as supervisors as that works fine. I am put off using CUIC (OAMP) accounts as it appears that the agents cannot change their own passwords . Even when 'User must change at next Sign On' has been selected. That seems to just disable their login so I must be missing something.

Boyd

I'm not sure I follow. If you don't want to add them to CUIC, how would they have access to CUIC?

david

Hi David,

I don't want to add them to have CUIC accounts (created using  OAMP) I want them to be agent SSO users with access to CUIC like SSO Supervisors have by default.

This will mean that despite not being Supervisor they can logon to CUIC using SSO.

Boyd