Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC report in Finesse gadget (iframe).

e.gailiss
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

Finesse 11.6(1) and CUIC 11.6(1). Sorry for long post.

My goal is to create a Finesse gadget that shows agent states for other team - not the team that agent is in. I created a "custom" report based on "Agent Team Real Time" report. Only customization I made is, I pre-selected teams I need to show and removed initial filter dialog. I created HTML permalink to my report and used in gadget based on sample gadget on Finesse devnet - "CUIC sample gadget". The report showed up, but i was empty - without any data.

I launched the same permalink in separate tab and it was populated. To keep story short, it seems that CUIC permalink application has problems fetching data when report is in iframe. This happens even outside Finesse gadget.

For testing I created simple test page that just opens permalink in iframe after i press a button. Looking at the browser console logs I see that, after all the necessary javascript is loaded from CUIC, report execution is requested and CUIC responds with dataset ID. Report runner requests data from CUIC using this dataset ID, but for some reason adds some additional characters to URL and CUIC responds 404 - Not found.

As a result some variable remains uninitialized ("status is undefined" in console) and report contains no data.

I'm attaching html page I created for testing and screenshots - how report looks inside iframe and on its own. Also, I'm attaching CUIC 404  response to dataset request.

Anyone tried CUIC running reports in gadget ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot imagine what.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Ervins

18 Replies 18

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does that permalink work directly in the browser at the customer site? Are you sure that report/permalink exists on the customer's CUIC? You may need to get the permalink from the customer's CUIC.

Thanx,

Denise

Dear dekwan

Does that permalink work directly in the browser at the customer site?

Yes, it works fine after you replace again & to & in the web browser.

Are you sure that report/permalink exists on the customer's CUIC?

Yes, I tried to add stock and custom report it gives the same error 403 error code

You may need to get the permalink from the customer's CUIC.

I have that link I made that report.

Thanks,

Bavly

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think you may be running into CSCur46130. According to the bug, this has been fixed in 10.5 ES1.

Thanx,

Denise

Dear @dekwan

Thanks for your response,

Thanks,

Bavly