cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP digit element is not taking # as termination key

qasim.abdullah1
Level 1
Level 1

I am using digit element for capturing the user input but after user input the digit element taking 10s for timeout i have use termchar as # and also use interdigittimeout and termtimeout properties but it still taking 10s for time out. anyone hep me to sort out this issue Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

After your digit element, what audio comes next?

There's a bug that a very long delay occurs if an audio group mixes audio uri item with a text to speech item. Try adding an audio in the Digits End > Done group that just plays one prompt like thankyou.wav and see if that fixes the problem.

Also, post some screen shots of your Digits settings tab and the audio that comes next.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

thank you janinegraves for your reply i am using the following digits settingCapture.PNG

and on root document i am using the following setting

Capture1.PNG

after the digit element, i have placed silence prompt (for one s)but it is also not working for me.

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

You should remove the silence.wav. Look in the activity log at the time stamp. Does it show that it's returning from the voice browser after 10s?

You can test if it works correctly by entering the  MaxNumberDigits (in your case, 12 digits) - because then the VB moves on immediately. So if you still have  a 10s delay, it's probably not a VB timeout issue.

What version of CVP are you using? And are you using the VVB? Or a real IOS Voice  browser? I don't recall any bugs with the timeouts.

If you're  using the Studio Debugger, then it doesn't understand that # is the termchar, and usually doesn't use the timeouts. You must press the Enter key.

Please post as much info as possible, including your activity  log.

Thanks Jannine,

i have used the max digit setting also but still, i is taking 10s time for the timeout. I am using 11.5 CVP logs screenshot is attachedCapture.PNG

element setting is the following

1.PNG

root doc setting is following

12.PNG

without pressing # the digit should be the timeout in 3s but from logs, you can see it is taking much time. Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The app looks fine from what I can see.

However It's hard to tell from the log whether your App plays audio before your Digits element.

The timing shown in the activity log could be due to the asynchronous way Audio Elements and Done Audio Groups execute on the voice browser. The vb does NOT play audio elements in real time. They are passed to a separate service to be played, and vb makes http request to vxml server to continue call flow immediately.

This would be obvious if you write a simple app with 3 audio elements in a row. Each playing a 5s audio prompt. The activity log timing would show they all execute within 1 second, and the cvp subdialog return would appear to take 15s to complete, because the vb can't ret to ICM until all the audio finishes.

So the question is whether you actually hear 10s silence or not.

If so, it might be a bug.

11.5 has a lot of bugs and patches. This could possibly be the case here.