Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between UCCE 'Tasks Offered' and 'SL Offered'

moath.almogbel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am confused about the different UCCE reporting fields and I checked the ICM Reporting guide and WebView templates guide but could not find the proper answer.

My question is what is the diffenece between:

1. 'Tasks Offered' and 'SL Offered'

2. 'Handled' and 'SL Ans'

Because I have a case that I could not explain to the Operations team where we have for a certain Call Type:

Tasks Offered = 10

Handled = 9

SL Offered = 8

SL Ans = 8

Thanks,

Moath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Moath,

you might also want to take a look at the Database Schema Handbooks too (look for the "Technical References" section on the documentation web, for the UCCE product).

Back to your question. The way I explain Calltypes to customers: they are basically turnstiles with a policeman standing next to them, counting people passing by and keeping an eye on them until they reach the next turnstile or they die. Of course, in this context "death" means simply the end of the routing procedure: the call may be abandoned in queue, or answered by an agent, or served by a voice mail system etc.

Tasks Offered is the number of calls gone through that turnstile in a (reporting) interval (so if you have ICM 5.x, 6.x, 7.x a half hour, starting 8.x it may be 15 minutes).

Calls Handled is the number of calls that were handled within that interval (handled means the agent finished the call altogether, including its wrapup phase). This does not necessarily mean the call that were handled within that interval, actually had started within that interval.

Now comes the tricky part: the SL values.

Service Level in this context can be explained as an interval someone wants to have the call answered in, after a certain calltype. So basically, the policeman standing next to the turnstile pulls out a stopwatch and if a call goes through that turnstile, it starts counting down. If the stopwatch reaches zero, it beeps automatically. If the call is answered, abandoned, answered by voicemail etc before the stopwatch reaches zero: the officer makes it beep. In Cisco's terminology: beep =  Service Level event.

Service Level Offered means in the specified reporting interval (remember, 30 minutes or 15 minutes) this number of calls had a "beep" - or, more professionally, this number of calls had a Service Level event. In this case, we don't really care about the call state - yet.

But we do care about the call state when it comes to the calls answered within Service Level. If we just go back to our little story with Officer Friendly, we may say Calls Answered within Service Level means the number of calls that had died (by an agent picking up the phone) before the policeman's stopwatch reached zero.

It's very important to remember that if a reporting interval (30/15 minutes) is over, ICM just does the calculations. This means sometimes interesting numbers may appear in the reports: the easiest example is that the number of calls answered is lower than the number of calls handled - and the explanation is simple: there were calls that started before the reporting interval started, but they were handled (meaning: the agent finished the wrapup phase ) in that current reporting interval.

Back to your numbers:

Tasks offered: 10. Ten calls went through the turnstile within this reporting interval.

Handled: 9. Nine calls ended, including the end of the wrapup phase, within this reporting interval (remember what I have written about the number of handled calls).

SL Offered: 8. Eight calls heard the stopwatch beep within this reporting interval.

SL Answered: 8. Eight calls had been answered by agent before the officer's stopwatch reached zero.

I hope this helps.

G.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Moath,

you might also want to take a look at the Database Schema Handbooks too (look for the "Technical References" section on the documentation web, for the UCCE product).

Back to your question. The way I explain Calltypes to customers: they are basically turnstiles with a policeman standing next to them, counting people passing by and keeping an eye on them until they reach the next turnstile or they die. Of course, in this context "death" means simply the end of the routing procedure: the call may be abandoned in queue, or answered by an agent, or served by a voice mail system etc.

Tasks Offered is the number of calls gone through that turnstile in a (reporting) interval (so if you have ICM 5.x, 6.x, 7.x a half hour, starting 8.x it may be 15 minutes).

Calls Handled is the number of calls that were handled within that interval (handled means the agent finished the call altogether, including its wrapup phase). This does not necessarily mean the call that were handled within that interval, actually had started within that interval.

Now comes the tricky part: the SL values.

Service Level in this context can be explained as an interval someone wants to have the call answered in, after a certain calltype. So basically, the policeman standing next to the turnstile pulls out a stopwatch and if a call goes through that turnstile, it starts counting down. If the stopwatch reaches zero, it beeps automatically. If the call is answered, abandoned, answered by voicemail etc before the stopwatch reaches zero: the officer makes it beep. In Cisco's terminology: beep =  Service Level event.

Service Level Offered means in the specified reporting interval (remember, 30 minutes or 15 minutes) this number of calls had a "beep" - or, more professionally, this number of calls had a Service Level event. In this case, we don't really care about the call state - yet.

But we do care about the call state when it comes to the calls answered within Service Level. If we just go back to our little story with Officer Friendly, we may say Calls Answered within Service Level means the number of calls that had died (by an agent picking up the phone) before the policeman's stopwatch reached zero.

It's very important to remember that if a reporting interval (30/15 minutes) is over, ICM just does the calculations. This means sometimes interesting numbers may appear in the reports: the easiest example is that the number of calls answered is lower than the number of calls handled - and the explanation is simple: there were calls that started before the reporting interval started, but they were handled (meaning: the agent finished the wrapup phase ) in that current reporting interval.

Back to your numbers:

Tasks offered: 10. Ten calls went through the turnstile within this reporting interval.

Handled: 9. Nine calls ended, including the end of the wrapup phase, within this reporting interval (remember what I have written about the number of handled calls).

SL Offered: 8. Eight calls heard the stopwatch beep within this reporting interval.

SL Answered: 8. Eight calls had been answered by agent before the officer's stopwatch reached zero.

I hope this helps.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Thank you for the detailed explaination.