cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer in Finesse fails when using a CTI Remote Device

Patrick Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

I have some agents that use a CTI Remote device with a remote destination that rings an iPhone. When calls are received, they are unable to answer them using the Answer function the Finesse portal. They receive the following "Error: Cannot perform operation. Error Code: CTI-22". They have to answer the call from the cellphone itself. Also while on a call, the Direct Transfer option doesn't work and they receive the message "Error: Cannot perform operation. Error Code: CTI-0". When trying to Consult they get "Error: Call could not be completed to XXXX". All these functions work for them when using the Cisco Desk phone. Is there a way to allow CTI Remote Devices with iPhones as the RD to have these capabilities?

3 Replies 3

You can’t answer the Call i finesse when using Remote device - this is because you don’t have control over you Remote device ( mobile phone ). So this is correct - sorry

about transfer i Can’t see why this shouldn’t. I Will test it tomorrow on my own lab and get back to you

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Thomas, 

Thanks for your feedback. Answering with their remote device is not a problem and is an acceptable work around for us. However, being able to transfer calls to a third party is the reason for them taking calls, so I need to find if this is something I can resolve. Looking forward to hearing back from you with what you found in your lab. 

FYI - CUCM & UCCX versions are 12.5

It sounds like you're more looking for like a FIPPA phone type set up so that the phone can control Finesse, right? But iphone isn't listed as an option for that as the compatibility matrix. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_1251.html#_Toc142577617