Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE - Administration Console

mmbace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

we have implemented ECE in our lab environment. I'm trying to go further with integration / configuration, but I stopped on some basics. There stands "Integration between ECE and Unified CCE is enabled and configured through the Administration Console". My question is how can I enable/start/open this Administration Console? There are lots of instructions about all the e-mail and chat features in ECE, 288 sites of "Enterprise Chat and Email Administrator’s Guide to Administration Console" but there is no any sentence about how to start this console.

Thank you in advance!

Marijana

21 Replies 21

Hi,

I think version 12.6 is pretty much similar with any other version. World Wide Web Publishing service on Web Server is up and running. Restart of it and restart of server didn't help. I think that a problem is with binding the certificate to the Application Website, we will try to solve everything according to certificates tommorow. Maybe that will fix the whole thing.

Many thanks,

Marijana 

If DNS is good, everything installed correctly, and the Cisco service on the all-in-one server is running (as a domain user), then you might be running into an issue where the web server cannot communicate with the AIO server over port 9001 (Tomcat). Install the Telnet role on the webserver and try to Telnet to the AIO server over port 9001.

Hi,

DNS is good, I think so, it looks OK. Everything installed by the book, but I didn't do part with certificates because I thought it is "just" SSL. It isn't just SSL configuration, I think that I need this configuration because bindings. Cisco service is up and running. I tried telnet from one server to another over port 9001, this thing works.

Many thanks for your inputs,

Marijana

Server restart and try

Since you are using a Lab environment hope there is sufficient RAM/CPU as per 12..6 Virtualization for Enterprise Chat and Email

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-enterprise-chat-email.html

ECE supported browser is below and verify the browser settings based on the guide.

Google Chrome, most recent generally available version

Mozilla® Firefox®, most recent generally available version

Microsoft Edge, most current generally available version

Note: For the most current information on supported browsers, see the Unified CCE Software Compatibility Matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unifiedcontact-center-enterprise/products-device-support-tables-list.html

+ have you done the certificate exchange between UCCE to ECE 

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi,

I have deployed .ova template so RAM/CPU are OK.

I saw somewhere that only supported browser is IE, not this modern browsers mentioned in guide, but I will try with something that isn't IE.

I didn't made any certificate exchange, because I thought this is needed only for SSL. I have generated csr.txt file, on both Web Server VMs, but I realized then that I need to buy certificates that I will put on my servers and I stopped here.

Thx,

M

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

If its lab, you can use self-sign certs I believe.

Additionally, can you check if Windows firewall are turned off on webserver and when you navigate to IIS->your webserver->sites->default website, check if you have Bindings configured for port 80 and 443.

Regards,

Piyush

BLOG

Thank you, we will try with self-signing certificates tommorow.

Windows firewall is off, but I didn't configure bindings, I think it will be OK after solving certificates issue.

Thx,

Marijana