cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM Auto pushback -> requeue at higher priority?

Hello,

In our EIM 4.3.2(8) implementation (ICM Enterprise integrated queues and agents), all new and incomplete activites auto-pushback to queue after 8 hours (overnight generally). The problem with this is, they're getting pushed to the back of the queue. I'd like to have all auto-pushback emails queue at a higher priority so that during days of high email volume, we don't get stragglers that keep getting pushed to the end of the queue while newer emails get handled.

I saw this:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Transferred_Emails_Get_Sent_To_End_of_Queue

and thought maybe I could pull some Activity related column through to ICM to act on to change the priority... Not sure what I should use though. I considered looking at the "WHEN_CREATED" field and upping the priority in ICM if that's more than a day ago, but I wonder if there is a simpler way to do this.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Jameson
1 Reply 1

Ravindra Adhav
Level 1
Level 1

New tasks are sent from EIM to ICM in order queue priority, activity priority and oldest - in that order. While sending new task there is no differentiation between new email first time in queue Vs email which is auto pushed back to queue, if queue and activity priority are same then oldest activity criteria will be honored.

There is no other way in default EIM product to push auto pushed back emails ahead of others.