Views
Helpful
Replies

File not found UCCX Custom File

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we use a custom file in /opt/cisco/uccx/document/System that we can read and write from an uccx application with System.getProperty("uccx.customer.dir").

We use the in UCCX Editor the Document steps "Create FIle Document" to get a document variable for the custom file.

Then we try to open and read the file with "Keyword Transform Document".
If the file exists on the machine, all is fine. No matter if  the file is empty or not.
But if the file doesn't exists, the app is crashing.

Is there a step to determine if the file even exists before trying to open?

I'm asking, because we updated our UCCX to the latest version and the custom file was deleted for whatever reason. I want avoid that for the next time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could trap that with an 'on exception' trap. I haven't used that much, but that would be the way to keep it from crashing the script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You could trap that with an 'on exception' trap. I haven't used that much, but that would be the way to keep it from crashing the script.

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

thank you very much. Meanwhile it seems, that many exceptions not longer available. e.g. named here 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/uccx-discovering-exceptions/ta-p/3124590

the FileNotFoundException and others... but the ApplicationException does it very well.