cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse - Why an agent could have get a DROPPED notification?

vbashin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Finesse Developer Community –

We are developing the multi-agent Virtual Agents console application

I’m getting some unexpected DROPPED notification for the agent attempting a Consult Call – could you please check the Finesse log and try to tell why?

We are working on Cisco Attended Transfer  I’m trying to execute the Consult Call command , followed by the Transfer command. In the Consult Call the agent 42120 calls the  queue extension 5701322 (this call should supposedly be routed to the next available agent in the READY state, i.e. to the agent 41120).

SIP signaling-wise  a call indeed gets routed and connected to the agent 41120.

Our application  gets the RESERVEDèALERTING è TALKING è ACTIVE state transition XMPP notifications from the Finesse.

Meanwhile the agent 42120 initiating a consult call gets the …INITIATING è INITIATED è DROPPED

It is not clear from the Cisco logs why a consult call attempt could have been dropped - ?

From the SIP signaling perspective a consult call connects and then stays connected, regardless of that DROPPED event.

From the Finesse perspective right after that DROPPED event I see the CF_GENERIC_OPERATION for the 42120 agent .

In that DROPPED/error state it is not allowed to send  the TRANSFER command to the agent 42120 and compete the transfer

In the Finesse log, right before that DROPPED state notification,  I see the  following : No skill group name found.:  For callId 33563757, no skill group name found for skill group number 0  

I wonder whether that “no skill group name found“ thing could have caused the DROP event? The CF_GENERIC_OPERATION error?  

The Finesse log attached

The time of a call is   Mar 21 2019 17:13:08.740

Please advise,

Thanks,

VBashin

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will have to chase this down via CCE. From the Finesse logs, a couple of lines above where you see the "No skill group" error, you see this:

0019339850: 192.168.51.73: %[call-id ]% %[agent-id ]% Mar 21 2019 17:13:08.771 -0500: %CCBU_CTIMessageEventExecutor-0-6-DECODED_MESSAGE_FROM_CTI_SERVER: %[cti_event_read_time=1553206388771][cti_message=CTICallConnectionClearedEvent [ invokeID=null, cti_sequence_id=17530819, msgID=14, msgName=CallConnectionClearedEvent, deploymentType=CCE, callId=33563757, peripheralId=5000, connectionDeviceIdType=1, connectionDeviceId=42120, releasingDeviceId=42120, eventCause=24]]: Decoded Message to Finesse from backend cti server

Are you able to reproduce this issue with the Finesse out of the box desktop?

Thanx,

Denise

This shows that CTI is telling Finesse that the call got dropped and the device that dropped the call is 42120. Looking at the CTI protocol logs for CCE, an event cause of 24 means CEC_OVERRIDE. Now, I don't know what that exactly means, but it looks like it is a config/choice due to the term override.

Thanks Denise - i will proceed with my investigation

Will try to reproduce it with the Cisco native agent desktop