cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse

Roy_11
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All , I want to know  how finesse and UCCE data transfer happened ? which one is Common Things and also which one is Calling first from Finesse once agent sign in     Can You help me please ?????

Thanks 

randy

17 Replies 17

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Finesse talks to CCE via the CTI Protocol which is an API with the CTI server.

I don't understand your question of: "which one is Common Things and also which one is Calling first from Finesse once agent sign in". Can you clarify? I don't know what is "Common Things" and I don't understand what you mean by "Calling first from Finesse".

Thanx,

Denise

Hi ,

Yes From gadget how the ECC variable pass to the UCCE System , which API it reading .

Thanks

Randy

Hi ,

Yes From gadget how the ECC variable pass to the UCCE System ,
which API it reading ?

Thanks

Randy

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Like I mentioned earlier, Finesse talks to UCCE via the CTI protocol. Assuming the gadget is using the Finesse APIs, the API will internally match it to CTI Protocol calls and make the request to CCE that way.

Hidekwan

While login through finesse how authentication happening From UCCE system .

For example:

I login with one agent I’d,
That I’d already configured in UCCE System. So I want to know which are the connection running in rest API while this process .

Please help??

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Correct me if I am interpreting your question incorrectly.

I believe your question is, what is happening in the background when you use the Finesse API/out of the box desktop to log in an agent that is already configured on CCE.

When Finesse starts up, it establishes a connection to the CCE's CTI server via the CTI Protocol. When an agent logs in (whether that is via the out of the box desktop or a custom Finesse desktop), the Login API is called. When this is called, the request goes back to the Finesse server where it is processed. Then Finesse will send a SET_AGENT_STATE_REQ to the CTI Server via the CTI protocol. CCE processes this request and sends either a failure event or an AGENT_STATE_EVENT with the updated agent state to the Finesse server. The Finesse server will process this event and send a User notification or APIError notification depending on what it received from CCE (via the CTI protocol).

I hope that helps.

Thanx,

Denise

Yes it’s very help but ,
Two questions
1 Where it’s JMS ,XMPP , Bosh connection ,Ajax ,comes to picture .
While login the agent desktop.

2 Once logout from finesse after call wrapped then data’s are going to stored in HDS Database server.
How data updated from finesse to Ucce system ,I know CTI protocol will help to update but I want to finesse server which are the connection established to update the CTI server or UCCE .
I want to know how finesse JS Communication to Ucce ??

Thanks I hope you understand my questions.

Hi dekwan ,
As of Now Your Answer is Very Help Full
How they Finesse Event updated after the Call is Completed which are the Connection Established to connect the CTI . Please help me to understand .

Thanks !

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Roy_11 wrote:
How they Finesse Event updated after the Call is Completed which are the Connection Established to connect the CTI . 

I don't fully understand your question, but if you are using the Finesse APIs, you don't need to understand what happens between Finesse and the CTI server. All you need to worry about is your request/response/notification from Finesse. IF you want to understand more about the CTI protocol, take a look at the documentation for it here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cti-protocol/overview/

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Roy_11 wrote:

1 Where it’s JMS ,XMPP , Bosh connection ,Ajax ,comes to picture .
While login the agent desktop.

Sorry, I probably should have been more specific in my previous answer. When I said "send a User notification or APIError notification depending on what it received from CCE", this is where XMPP/BOSH comes in. Finesse sends notifications via XMPP/BOSH (OpenFire). A majority of the Finesse REST API requests are asynchronous. You make the REST API request, you get a 200/202 HTTP status and you wait for a notification from the Finesse Notification/XMPP/BOSH. It is essentially the "response" for your request.

@Roy_11 wrote:
2 Once logout from finesse after call wrapped then data’s are going to stored in HDS Database server.
How data updated from finesse to Ucce system ,I know CTI protocol will help to update but I want to finesse server which are the connection established to update the CTI server or UCCE .
I want to know how finesse JS Communication to Ucce ??

Finesse has an interface into the Finesse webservices and that is via the Finesse REST API or Finesse JavaScript API. UCCE has an interface into the CTI Server and that is via the CTI protocol. Finesse communicates with CCE via the CTI protocol. So it looks something like this:

(Client) -> (Finesse JS API) -> (Finesse REST API) -> (Finesse webservices) -> (CTI Protocol) -> (CTI Server)

Now, what UCCE does to store it in the HDS database, I do not know. From Finesse's perspective, it just uses the CCE interface via the CTI protocol and the "magic" happens in CCE.

Hi
Awesome

But is there any way / how to check the status CTI server and finesse server .

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If Finesse is not connected to the CTI server successfully, Finesse itself will be OUT_OF_SERVICE. You can see Finesse's status with the SystemInfo API (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!systeminfo)

Hi dekwan,

Some Quick Question on Finesse Gadgets Logging , i will going to step up finesse Logging , can you guide me Step up this one ,please please .. If you have any sample code for Logging Finesse Gadgets pleaes help me on this .

thanks !

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Adding logging to the gadget is pretty straightforward. You can take a look at the final version of the LearningSampleGadget as an example.

In the init of the gadget, just initialize the client logs:

clientLogs.init(gadgets.Hub, "SampleGadget");

Then when you want to add a log statement, just do this:

clientLogs.log("This is my log statement");

In order to get these logs, the agent must push the "Send Error Report" button on the desktop and it will be sent to the Finesse server under the Finesse's logs in a folder called clientLogs.

Thanx,

Denise