cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to advice UCCX send user_busy instead of reject

Maic Naatz
Level 1
Level 1

I want to send an user_busy (ISDN cause 17) to the service provider if the uccx script reaches the terminate step. Currently an reject (ISDN cause 21) is send. The behaviour is independend of the UCCX Version. The Voicegateway is configured as H.323 gateway.

Background: If the caller calls via PSTN, it is fine. If he calls via GSM Mobile, he hears different announecments, depending of the mobile provider. The providers interpret the isdn cause 21 different. Sometimes as busy, sometime as "User not reachable". I need the first one, always busy.

Is there a possibility to advice the UCCX send a user_busy instead of an reject? Or, can the voicegateway translate reject into user_busy?

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, not out of the box. UCCX does not let you specify Q.931 disconnect codes when disconnecting the call.

G.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am not sure I understand you. If UCCX answers the call and runs a script then why would the Q.931 signalling show busy or user unavailable?

The call is answered by UCCX and deliberately finished using the Terminate step so I would expect to see a cause code like 90 - Normal Call Clearing

Apologies if I have misunderstood. Can you share some q.921 debugs and the UCCX script steps?

Hi James,

sorry, you missanderstand.

The UCCX trigger detects an incoming call and starts the script. The script do not answer the call, but runs all the steps before the 'accept-step'. One of the pre-accept step is, check the queue for an treshold. If the treshold is reached, play 'busy' to the caller. This is done currently by an 'terminate step'. You can also use an 'reject-step' with the same result, UCCX sends an reject. I would like to send an 'busy'. I hope that the service providers, specially for mobile (GSM), translate an 'busy' identically. This is currently not the case for an 'reject'.