cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine if caller disconnected the call after listening to a specific prompt ?

dipmehta33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a report which i can run to determine if caller/customer disconnected the call at any specific audio prompt ?  Example :  We are planning to introduce a new prompt in the middle of our  call flow but would like to monitor if customers disconnect the call after listening to that prompt .

Please note that i am using CVP VXML app and couldnot add call type to achieve this. I understand that i can use call type in microapp to achieve the same.

Can i use any custom element to basically write a disconnect event and store it somewhere and report ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Dip Mehta

2 Replies 2

goujain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I doubt there is an existing report which could give you the result you desire however CVP with reporting enabled logs in all the studio application elements entry / exit events in the call flow. You should be able to run the relevant query on the database and gather the results as needed. Please refer to Reporting guide for more details.

You need to be aware that Audio elements are played 'asynchronously' by the gateway. You can only be sure an element has played its audio if you've disabled 'barge-in' on it, and if it's in an element that collects input from the caller (like a Digits or Form element). This is just how Audio elements execute, to speed along the call-flow process so VXMLServer can start its DB/WS interactions while the caller's still hearing the previous audio.

So the log might show that it's executed 5 Audio elements in a row, followed by a Menu element that shows a 'hangup' event in the menu. But - the caller could have hung up after the 1st Audio element.  You'd have to assess the time stamps and know the duration of the audio file to determine where they actually hung up.

So, I'd recommend you place your important audio into a Digits element (Set NoInput timeout to 10ms, MaxNoinputs to 1, MaxNoMatch to 1, MinDigits 1, MaxDigits 1) and connect all 3 exit states as if they represent success.