Views
Helpful
Replies

How to implement the Custom Chat Application on UCCE

Roy_11
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Experts ,

I need some info on UCCE Connector , I am new to this , actually we have custom chat application that we are  trying to integrate into finesse, here we are getting struck , could you please help me on below questions highly appreciated your help.

1. how we can connect UCCE Connector from our app server to how we can proceed from here ? once we complete this integration probably we can able to do rest of the configuration like script creation , skill group , gadget mapping etc....

please help me on this issue guys .....

Thanks for prompt responses !!!!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gerry,

Thank you so much for the info, since we have own custom chat function as you said better we will go with task based routing API concepts .

Appreciate your help!! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you are develeping a custom chat application for CCE you would use the Task Routing API.

The API interface is hosted on the Socialminer server which has now been renamed.

"SocialMiner has been renamed to Customer Collaboration Platform and the software is available under Unified Contact Center Express"

This is all detailed here:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/task-routing/#!task-routing-overview/what-is-task-routing

Note: Cisco ECE (Email and Chat) is available free under the UCCE Premium license - so not sure the requirement for a custom chat application? You can use ECE API to do custom Chat stuff!

Gerry

Hello gorourke,

Thanks for the detailed information. after went through documentation i have few questions to start this integration, FYI below are the questions. 

Could you please clarify this , Bit confuse on this point , from third party application  as per documentation need to create task api to connect UCCE System right ? .

Once we created the task from third party chat application to UCCE by using Task Routing API's then based on task api responses  Bit confuse on this not portion. how we can send the chat event to UCCE system which  library i  need to use to send it.

Did you get my question ? 

Below are the details need to implement in our custom code ,

On the consumer side, the Task route request APIs enable applications to:

• submit task requests to CCE 
  • get expected wait time(s)
  • get the status of route request(s)
  • get the assigned agent ID
  • cancel task(s)

Appreciate your valuable  inputs .

Thanks!!!

So there are a few things that need to happen here.

1. You need to create a way to store the tasks (for example chats or tweets) you want to send to UCCE. You need to track the data and state (for example not routed, queued, etc.).

2. You need to send task router a request that you want an agent to handle a task. SocialMiner will respond with various states until you get an agent.

3. The agent needs to have a custom gadget allowing them to login and go ready for this channel.

4. Gadget receives task with a unique identifier and is able to retrieve the contents of the task (chat or tweet). Then have the ability to perform some action on this task.

5. Once complete the agent is able to go back to ready or some other state.

This is a very slimmed down version of what you need to build.

david

david , 

Thanks for your input here , so my responses on your questions. 

1. You need to create a way to store the tasks (for example chats or tweets) you want to send to UCCE. You need to track the data and state (for example not routed, queued, etc.). ====>>  we would use Task Submission APIs to create correct?

2. You need to send task router a request that you want an agent to handle a task. SocialMiner will respond with various states until you get an agent. ===>>>> from consumer side how i can send this chat message to agent, since i am new to this integration here  i need your help on this. (Task Control APIs will help here?)

3. The agent needs to have a custom gadget allowing them to login and go ready for this channel. this gadgets should be in Finesse or Social miner ? 

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!

Roy,

>3. The agent needs to have a custom gadget allowing them to login and go ready for this channel. this gadgets should be in Finesse or Social miner ? 

The Customer Collaboration Platform (Socialminer) is the web server you send / receive the REST API requests / responses to.

It sends this into the CCE MR PIM - which sends it to a routing script and queues the task / selects an agent and updates you etc.

The Agent uses Finesse - so your custom Chat Gadget would be configured to display within the FInesse Desktop Layout for agents - the gadget itself would be hosted on a 3rd party server (needs to be https).

I would have a good look at the Finesse Desktop config for other gadgets - example - ECE (hosted on ECE Web server) or even CUIC reports (hosted on CUIC server).

Also check out the FInesse Devnet and their Sample Gadgets.

Regards,

Gerry

Hello Gerry , 

Thanks 

which one is best to go ECE or Task Based Routing API to integrate this Custom chat in finesse

Thanks!
Sabari.

Sabari,

>which one is best to go ECE or Task Based Routing API to integrate this Custom chat in finesse

ECE is the free out of the box Email and Chat solution with CCE.

Fully integrated with CCE routing engine and Agents use the ECE Gadget on Finesse to go Ready / Not Ready in Voice, Email and / or chat.

If you are creating a complete bespoke custom chat solution (which is what you seem to be doing) you would use the Task Based Routing API - read the Devnet for Task Based Routing API above.

If you just want to send chat into the contact centre via various custom methods and not from a website - it would be far simpler to use ECE and ECE APIs and agents would use the standard ECE Finesse Gadget.

Gerry

Gerry,

Thank you so much for the info, since we have own custom chat function as you said better we will go with task based routing API concepts .

Appreciate your help!!