cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTP request from Finesse desktop

satish.gunjal
Level 1
Level 1

How can we setup an HTTP request to be sent from the Finesse desktop and not the server?

Example - a customer has a local application running on each PC listening on port 36729 for HTTP requests.  We'd like to setup the Finesse workflow to run an HTTP request to the local Finesse desktop client's IP address on call arrival.  If we send the HTTP request (http://localhost:36729/?CID=CISCO9876), will it execute from the Finesse server or from the desktop?

18 Replies 18

Hello,

Did you fix that? I have the same issue.

Hi Luciano,

What is the scenario that you are trying to accomplish and what is the error(s) that you are getting?

Thanx,

Denise

I have the same issue. I started a local server listening to any HTTP request on the desktop side and when I set handled by to Finesse Desktop and location to Other it doesn't work, but if I redirect this to an external IP it does get the request.

Also if I select Window pop it works but I don't need it to pop a new window to make an HTTP Request.

Basically what I need to do is that when a call arrives an HTTP POST request should be sent to the localhost:port address (on the desktop that has Finesse agent) appending data if possible.

Does anybody know how to work this around?

Hi Lucians,

The HTTP requests are made via the Finesse server (even though it says handled by Finesse Desktop). So as a result, the localhost becomes the Finesse server and not the client machine. For a window pop, it is executing it on the client machine which explains why it works.

The only workaround for this is to build a custom gadget that will execute the HTTP Request. You can use the ExternalRestApiSampleGadget as the base.

Thanx,

Denise