Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM install setup not recognizing third party tools

finchcost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a machine(Real-time distributor) which has AW and HDS installed. The ICM version is Cisco ICM 5.0 ServicePack 0+,0,0,09338 with no SR's. I installed third party tools ( JDK 1.3.1, New Atlanta ServletExec 4.1 and Jaguar CTS 4.1.1) whose version is Cisco Webview third party setup 5.0 ServicePack 0+,0,0, 09716 and am able to view the servlet admin page at http://localhost/servlet/admin.

When I try to run the ICM setup for webview install, the setup says "Error, Unable to find third party tools". Has anyone run into this error before?

Thanks in advance,

cFinch

2 Replies 2

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

I don't recall running into it at v5 but v6 has the problem where the registry key for EAStudio has the wrong key name and the error is similar in ICM setup.

Use Regedit and browse to HKLM\Software\sybase\EA Studio\ the sub-key here should be '4.1' and not '4.0' - you can simply rename the key if that is the problem.

/Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the subkey and the value is 4.1 as you mentioned. Actually it is not able to detect any of the three third party tools during setup.

I did not face this problem with ICM v6.0 or v5.0 previously but have run into this error in v5.0 at a critical stage.