cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identifying step count

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to identify the number of steps that have been executed as part of a script? The idea is that if the system max step count is 1000 at the 995th step I would like to take an action to clear out the call before it's simply dropped by the system.  

4 Replies 4

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Why not just increase the step count?

System > System Parameters > Max Number of Executed Steps (the default is 1,000)

Mine is set to 16,000

I’ve seen a post on this way way back by @Anthony Holloway. Hopefully you can find it or he’ll see this and get back to you on this.

Response Signature

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks @Roger Kallberg for the mention, but unfortunately, I never found a way to retrieve the number of steps executed at runtime.

However, the OP @JacobMunson could likely still achieve what they're after by leveraging the Default Script feature.

I wrote about that here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-8-5-on-exception-goto-quot-catching-quot-exceeded-1000/m-p/2393308/highlight/true#M74040

Hello can you please make it clear how i can pass "context" from main script to Default Script using Get trigger info?