Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to get XMPP Notifications for other agents

sdas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using the Unified Contact Center Express 11.5 Sandbox. And have followed the instructions described in Chapter 2 of the document,

Cisco Finesse Web Services Developer Guide Release 11.5(1) First Published: 2016-08-10, CFIN_BK_C3EE4C4F_00_cisco-finesse-developer-guide-1151.pdf to use PostMan and Pidgin to receive XMPP notifications. I have used the Agent001 configured in the Snadbox in Pidgin to receive XMPP Notifications since Agent001 is a supervisor, have added Agent002 as a buddy and used Agent002 to Log in to Finesse using PostMan. I receive Status 202 Accepted but I don't see any notifications for Agent002. Since I plan to use the Matrix XMPP SDK, I tried using the MiniClient is the sample apps. I am able to log in as Agent001 and do a PubSub but, again, I don't see any Notifications for Agent002. Are the XMPP Notifications are only for the logged in agent only ? How can I receive XMPP Notifications for all agents using 1 agent account.

Thanks,

Saibal Das

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The best option if you want to monitor all of the events is the CTI Server, but I would agree that it is not easy and is very heavy. No, there is no plans to discontinue the CTI Server. As a matter of fact, Finesse connects via the CTI server so I doubt it would ever go away.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saibal,

You only get XMPP Notifications for the logged in agent. You cannot receive notifications for all agents using one account. Finesse isn't meant to be a monitoring application so this functionality is not available.

That being said, I will admit that there have been some developers who have worked around it but I do not know if it ended up working from a performance perspective.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for you reply. Our applications used to connect to CTI OS till now for Agent Notifications. However, with CTI OS coming to end-of-life, we are looking for alternative. Finesse looked like an option. The other option is CTI Server. API Intergation with CTI Server is not easy. Also, is there any plan to discontinue CTI Server in the future.

Thanks

Saibal Das

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The best option if you want to monitor all of the events is the CTI Server, but I would agree that it is not easy and is very heavy. No, there is no plans to discontinue the CTI Server. As a matter of fact, Finesse connects via the CTI server so I doubt it would ever go away.

Thanx,

Denise