One agent two Queues

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello,

I have one agent assigned to two different queues

Queue A: Skills (10)

Queue B: Skills(5)

Two different scripts running with two different tirggers.

Agent assigned to Queue A is part of the team A but is not part of the team B.

Although she has a skill set of (10) for queue A but she receives calls from the queue B and calls for queue A stay in the queue for ever.

Please find attached both scripts.

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you sure the calls for Queue A came into the Call Center before the calls came for Queue B and were not answered. Do you have screenshots from Cisco Supervisor Desktop to support this thing.

As far as setting priority is concerned you can do that in script which is being used to send the calls to Queue A. Simply use Set Priority step just before the Select Resource step.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MK, skill competency has nothing to do how calls will be handled. Skill competency chooses the best possible agent to take a call for a particular skill let's say Skill 1 amongst the available ones however what it does not choose is which call will be handled first if there are calls for Skill 1 and Skill 2. Which calls will be handled first is always decided based on the concept of First In First Out (FIFO) unless you increase the priority manually using Set Priority step.

Hence the behavior which is happening there is a default behavior and correct as well.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

Looking at the scripts, can you tell me why the FIFO is not working in my case?

If I go with increasing the priority manually, where and in which script do I have to set it?

Thanks,

MK

As soon as I remove the agent from the QueueB, she starts receiving calls for the QeueuA.

Thanks,

MK

Also removing agent from Queue B does not prove anything here since the agent will only be then entitled to receive calls for CSQ A so it will not matter anyways whether calls came first for CSQ A or CSQ B since whenever there are calls for CSQ A will be delivered to that agent only.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak,

The set priority setp did the job.

Regards,

MK

Glad that it worked MK. Please remember to mark the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak

Are you sure the calls for Queue A came into the Call Center before the calls came for Queue B and were not answered. Do you have screenshots from Cisco Supervisor Desktop to support this thing.

As far as setting priority is concerned you can do that in script which is being used to send the calls to Queue A. Simply use Set Priority step just before the Select Resource step.

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If both agents are part of same skill then it is a default behaviour to select high priority agent.

however if the agents are not in same skill, then call queue B calls should only route to skill b- Agent B and likewise for queue A.

Also script 2 is not opening up can you check script is validated and have no errors etc. ,i can see script A CSQ is set to CSQ-formation-Ventes.