cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ServiceNow and Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Integration

jesiegel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ServiceNow instance, that i would like to gather report data from Cisco Unified Intelligence Center.  Currently i am manually exporting reports, manipulating them, and then ingesting them into servicenow.  Id love to have some assistance in setting up an API for ServiceNow to make a REST call to cisco to gather the data required automatically.  Has anyone done this?  any assistance or documentation on how to configure would be highly appreciated.

12 Replies 12

I think i Would be Easy to take the data directly from the uccx database and import Them in ServiceNow 

You Can also runnthe sp from the database the reports is using

There is no api for cuic and reports

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

jesiegel
Level 1
Level 1

I guess i need to access UCCX's api to get the reporting data?  trying to figure this out, im a ServiceNow Admin, not cisco, so my apologies there.

You Can’t get the reporting from an api.

You need to look into the cisco database directly, og you Can set cuic to export data to a flat file ( csv) and grab the data from there

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

If I can get an xml of the data I need via REST that would work perfectly. The problem I have with the .xls outputs is that its not really .xls its html that's formatted like xls and ServiceNow sees this as a corrupted XLS, the merged cells and extra rows on the top of the report are also throwing my import off so I have to currently remove those manually, I am still working on getting the data via a ftp, in csv format, but as far as I can tell that's the only way to get the data in csv, do you know other methods?

As i Can se on ServiceNow import, you should be anle to import from jdbc ( database )

https://docs.servicenow.com/en-US/bundle/tokyo-platform-administration/page/administer/import-sets/concept/c_ImportDataUsingImportSets.html

Or you have to ude the csv via ftp ( sorry )

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

JDBC/SQL would be ideal, I just have no idea on how to configure that method, do you know if its documented in any way? We currently pull information from a few SQL servers, so I know how to, I just don't know all the pieces to tie into cisco's back end db.

It's Informix... assuming you have the informix JDBC drivers set up:

jdbc:informix-sqli://uccxhostname:1504/db_cra:INFORMIXSERVER=uccxhostname_uccx

i Can send you some more tomorrow

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

See that's the issue, Servicenow is hosted, I have a midserver locally that acts as the middleman, do I need to install the Informix driver on the mid server? This is where I need the bit of pushing to get it to work properly. Tomorrows fine. Thank you so much for all the assistance and time thus far.

You will need to install the informix ODBC driver there.

You can download it from here (My personal onederive) : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgCUg-AgroXy0RrCin_Iwtmam664?e=X57Z1b

For configuring it you can read more here : Create an ODBC Connection to connect to Cisco UCCX server | Amr Gaber - Technical Library (wordpress.com)

After that you should be able to connect to the DB.
For the data you should look in the ContactCallDetail table. This is where all calls are...

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Im looking to pull metrics on specific call queues, how many calls, abandoned wait times etc...

so to think outloud on this.... on my mid server I have to install this odbc driver, then in my instance I can setup a data source to use the JDBC Method... when configuring that method... I have my server name, but I have no idea what to put down for instance name, database name, and port. I assume the format is SQLServer?

Which data are you looking for  ?

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

jesiegel
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to pull a report similar to the out of the box:

Contact Service Queue Activity Report by Interval
Contact Service Queue Activity Report

These reports need to be modified slightly, but in general these should give an idea of what were looking for.