cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simplest Inbound Solution

gwpatten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm a novice in this field. I'm looking for the simplest solution for inbound calls to multiple numbers (each representing a different end customer).  Based on the number called, I would like the agent to get a pop-up prompting them to say "Thank you for calling X, how can I help you?"  There would be more customized stuff in the agent's script.  But this is the basic thing I'm looking for.  Would UCCX do this fairly easily?  Is there a less-robust product to accomplish this goal?

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there

Welcome mate! Each and every guy out here is/was once a novice. So post your questions without any inhibitions.

Coming back to your question. Do you want to configure some numbers, each representing a customer. They all will dial to an published number of yours. While they call, they have to hear the welcome message for their organization and Route it to the agent. If the agent gets the call (Customer A), then it should pop up in agent computer as “Call from Customer A”.

Is this what you looking for. Then yes. You can totally do with CCX scripting. If you have Unity Connection, you can get the prompts for each customer but the pop up at agent side will be a bit difficult to achieve.

Sorry if I am wrong in understanding your request. Please let us know

Hope this helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

In the old days of ACDs, the agent would get a whisper in their headset "X" or "Y" and would say "thanks for calling X" or "thanks for calling Y". This has been a requirement for contact centers since the dawn of time.

One would think with CTI integration and a screen pop saying "Call for X" or "Call for Y" that the whisper would have gone with the dodo; but some agents still like it and it is still possible to implement.

Regards,

Geoff

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's a little more detail on how you might achieve this.

You will be using the Call Variable Layout in Finesse Administration, sending a String of text to Finesse from the UCCX Script based on the number dialed.

For example:

UCCX Script

accept
called number = get call contact info (called number)
switch called number
    set company = "company a"
    set company = "company b"
set company = "unknown" set enterprise call info (call.peripheralvariable1 = company) select resource (csq) connected end queued ...rest of script...

Finesse Admin

Just make sure callVariable1 is in the Default layout

uccx-finesse-call-variable-layout.png

Doing it with the CCV1 option, also allows you to attach this metadata to the call record for reporting purposes.  If you did not want that, you can literally just make up a name (called user defined) for the variable, but it looks like Finesse wants them to at least begin with "user."  E.g., user.company would be an example

imran.mestri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

this can be possible using DB Lookup Node, where you have to configure external database which contains customer details and you can use this DB Lookup node in your script then you have to put some conditions.

this can be also possible using Whisper announcement where agent can here caller information at start.

Regards,

Imran