cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Survivability, activity detection and the effect on non-CC call setup

Koen Van Impe
Level 4
Level 4

We have deployed a UCCE 9.0 with CVP 9.0, using CUBES to connect to the outside world.

Because our client would like to use CVP survivability in the future we already enabled inactivity detection as follows:

gateway

media-inactivity-criteria rtplib

timer receive-rtcp 4

timer receive-rtp 1200

It turns out these settings have an influence on back office calls (not passing through the CC, i.e. direct inbound calls) as well.

Calls not answered within 20 seconds are cancelled by the CUBE.

According to Cisco TAC this behavior is by design, as the initial INVITE from the provider contains a DSP (early offer), which activates inactivity detection for that call.

I've been reading up a bit on inactivity detection, and I have the impression that it can be activated on specific applications or dial peers, i.o. on the CUBE level. I'm not a big CUBE/gateway expert, so I would appreciate if anyone can confirm this.

Or are there other ways to circumvent this unwanted behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Koen

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Koen,

Can you try to  Configure "media-inactivity-criteria all"  and disable media inactivity detection for calls

that do not require survivability such as calls to voicemail.

Note  that  RTP / RTCP based media detection may trigger media inactivity  event for calls to Voicemail, VXML Gateways, Recording Apps that do not  send RTP / RTCP packets when they are idle.

IOS CLI:

gateway

media-inactivity-criteria all

Reference - CSCsv90362

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese