Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to use a Variable within SSML for TTS in Webex Contact Center

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

I am trying to play back the calling number within a flow using text to speech and it keeps playing the 10 digit number (X.X.X) as two billion 25 million, ect.  I just want it to play each digit individually. So I setup an SSML which works for everything but the number I want it say. 

<speak>
Thank you for requesting a call back.
<break time="1s"/>.
You will be called back at <say-as interpret-as="characters">{{NewPhoneContact.ANI}}</say-as>.
</speak>

If I change it to, it works great.  

<speak>
Thank you for requesting a call back.
<break time="1s"/>.
You will be called back at <say-as interpret-as="characters">X.X.X</say-as>.
</speak>

Any suggestions on getting a variable within that markup? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you 100% sure the variable has data? What format? Can you hardcode the variable right before the play and try it again? If you use this does it work?

<speak>
<say-as interpret-as='telephone' google:style='zero-as-zero'>{{ PhoneNumber }}</say-as>
</speak>

david

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure why Cisco edited out a 555 number, But the X.X.X is a 10 digit phone number. 

If you’re a partner, I believe the example callback script that Cisco outlines in the lab guides plays it back as you want with digit by digit. I don’t have access to that at the moment due to holiday shutdown , but if you look there you can compare.

Are you 100% sure the variable has data? What format? Can you hardcode the variable right before the play and try it again? If you use this does it work?

<speak>
<say-as interpret-as='telephone' google:style='zero-as-zero'>{{ PhoneNumber }}</say-as>
</speak>

david

Yes, that worked great! Thank you. 

Thank you! This script also saved me from the problem of google TTS reading back phone numbers as a numerical digit rather than a phone number. You rock!