cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 11.6 script editor - can no longer connect by IP address

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

This isn't really a question at this point, as I have resolved it on my own.  However, I thought I'd post the info for any other folks fighting with it.

I routinely have connected up to UCCX systems with a script editor using the IP address of the machine.  In the 11.6.1-10000 release, this no longer works.  The connection will fail with a 404 error saying authenitcation failed. 

In order to successfully connect to the system and to be able to read and write from the repository, you MUST connect using the FQDN. 

This was an unexpected change that kind of threw me and cost me some time to figure out.  Not sure why Cisco changed this, but they did.

Cliff

3 Replies 3

Cliff,

That's interesting, I've had the opposite experience that using the FQDN always worked while the IP was hit of miss. This is across multiple CCX versions for multiple clients.

david

In my experience, using an IP address would work as long as forward and reverse DNS was correctly set up and available to the station attempting to run the editor. If not, you had to have the FQDN in the hosts file on your workstation.

What’s Clifford mention is correct.