Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX forward to voicemail with additional information

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

I'm just looking some other precision about the following question . 

I will deploy a script with several languages and if no agent are logged or if we are on closed state. then to send the caller to unity voicemail . On this one there is no issues to perform the script .

My question is the following :

As all my agents are sharing the same CSQ and as we are working with skills ( languages skills ) is possible when the UCCX will forward the call to unity voicemail , to send also the language information collected on the menu via the variable to Unity and push this information into the subject as my agent will use voicemail to email to read/listen their voicemail.

I don't see any way how Unity can handle this information as we want to preserve also the caller identification ( if it was not the case , I was may be able to change the caller id in UCCX so that agents can look at the caller id to know which language is the voicemail )

The other way that I can see is to have 2 voicemail depending the languages and in Exchange/Unity to make an automatic forward decision from a voicemail to the other voicemail and try to present the information of forwarding ( ex: FW from Language_A - Caller ID )

Have you already encountered this question ?

Many thanks

Olivier

3 Replies 3

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

If you have the proper licenses (Premium) the first thing to come to mind with a scenario like this is Use a Record Step in the Script to Record the Message, then compose an Email within the Script, setting the subject of the email with that language information..getting that preserved data into the body of the message however you format that..attaching the Recording to the Email and sending to your Exchange Server...(so you would not use a Call Redirect Step to Handle this)...

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

I would setup a mailbox for each language and send it to the appropriate mailbox based on the language in UCCX.

If you REALLY wanted all of the messages with different languages to show up in one mailbox, you could use Forward Routing Rules in Unity Connection to change the language of the call based on extension number and send it to one mailbox with multiple language greetings recorded.  Personally, I would separate them out.

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Olivier,

I think you have to create separate mail box for each queue . and each language step should have different redirect step . For an example on menu step you have two option press-1 for English press-2 for Spanish you can use two redirect step/number  for each queue  .

I hope this will work .

Regards

Ravi