Replies

UCCX IPCC Agent Line - Conference Call / Warm Transfer

svk253
Level 1
Level 1

We have our UCCX agents set up with 2 extensions:

1 - Personal DN - no restrictions

2 - Agent/ IPCC extension - set to 2 max calls 1 busy

Agents receive calls from the queue to their IPCC extension as designed. However, they run into issues when they try to conference in with the caller on their IPCC extension, to another DN in the company (internal staff member).  Because they have the 1 call coming in on the queue, then they make the 2nd call to talk to the staff member, and they cannot bring the 3 calls together.

We suggested that they use their personal DN for a sort of roundabout way of bringing the calls together but I think this still poses a big challenge for the agent. I don't know if they can do a warm transfer - that would involve putting the caller on hold on the agent line, then calling an internal staff member DN, and then hitting 'transfer'. Does it work that way?

Is this normal behavior for an IPCC extension with 2 max calls 1 busy to not be able to do warm transfers (I can understand conference calls not working as it's 3 callers total)? Is there a reason it's restricted that way? What would be a good solution for contact center agents to be able to do this kind of transfer or conference?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

AFAIK conference is not seen as 3 calls, from the perspective of the agent DN it goes from 2 calls to 1. When it comes to transfers this should be possible with 2 calls allowed as you don’t have more than this at any given time in the flow for transfer.

Response Signature

Are they using Finesse for the conference? I suspect they are not and that's the cause of the issue.

david

I will have to do some more digging but I am about 99% sure they are trying to use Cisco Jabber to do the transferring / conferencing.