Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX, No prompt played after "unhold"

Hi all,

we're having a weird issue with prompts in UCCX with CUCM. CUCM is 12.5SU2, UCCX is 12.5ES02.

I have a basic script that puts callers in a queue. While people wait i.e. all agents are busy/not ready they hear a prompt with waiting music and ,after certain time threshholds, other prompts. The script works perfectly fine with one exception.

If you make an internal call from a SIP phone (Cisco 78XX or CSF) to the CTI Route Point it rings at the only logged in agent which doesn't pick up and gets set to "not ready" after 15 seconds. The call then gets put back in the queue and should hear the prompt with the waiting music.

But you don't hear the waiting music or any other prompt after it. The same happens when you put a "call hold" and "call unhold" in the script. The script still gets run through though. You can make selections at the menus and such.

When the caller holds and resumes the call at this stage, you suddenly hear the prompts.

Like I said this only appears on SIP devices. It works fine with SCCP Phones or calls from PSTN through a SIP-Trunk. I changed around Device Pools, MRGs, SIP Profiles, CSS and everything that i can think of without success. Firewall also shows no blocks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Frank, did you get an answer from TAC?, we are havind the same issue. Users come in to the queue, they hear the music on hold (Hold step), but after they took out from hold (unhold step), they cannot hear the promtps. We have upgrade uccx 12.5 to su2, and seem that after that we are facing this issue.

View solution in original post

I got a Webex message from Charlie bot tht UCCX 12.5(1) ES03 solves this issue:

(UCCX) UCCX 12.5(1) ES03 and CCP 12.5(1) ES03 is now Available !
Published: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 11:04:56 GMT

This is a cumulative ES that contains all the fixes from ES releases prior to ES02 plus the fixes done in ES03.
This release covers some of the crucial fixes such as Prompts don't play after a Hold / Unhold step in script (CSCvv72424),
Finesse Ghost agent issue (CSCvv54659), Call stuck in queue for manual OB traferred calls (CSCvv16078),
CCP Chat times out before 6 minutes when initiated from Chrome 84 or 85 (CSCvv66232).
Also new CLI commands are introduced to take care of CUIC report timeouts (CSCvu95051). Refer ReadMe for more details.

For more information about this update, click here

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like you need a call unhold at the top of the Queued branch to unhold any held call which returns to the Queued branch.  Know that unholding a non-held call has not ill effects.

PS ES02 (84) was deferred due to a critical issue which can crash your system.  You should have gotten an email if you were the one who downloaded it, but if not, you might have missed it.  The defect ID is: CSCvv37514

Hi Anthony,

tried adding the Call Unhold step. Didn't change anything sadly.

Since it seems to only be happening with SIP devices i'm going to try to get a SIP trace of one of the calls and post it.

Also updated the system to ES02 (88) yesterday. Thanks for the reminder.

Attached the SIP traces. Changed IPs and DNS names.

Call went from 6003620 to 6009350, which is the Route Point. CTI port extension here was 6009312.

frank.beaudry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a TAC case open for something similar.

The "welcome" prompt is heard, the hold music is heard, but after "unhold," the prompt can't be heard, only dead air. After the prompt time expires, the hold music resumes.

Does sounds like a UCCX issue, rather a mid-call signaling issue.  Let us know what TAC says.

Hi Frank,

sounds pretty much like what we're experiencing.

Please update us when you get info from TAC.

Hi Frank, did you get an answer from TAC?, we are havind the same issue. Users come in to the queue, they hear the music on hold (Hold step), but after they took out from hold (unhold step), they cannot hear the promtps. We have upgrade uccx 12.5 to su2, and seem that after that we are facing this issue.

I got a Webex message from Charlie bot tht UCCX 12.5(1) ES03 solves this issue:

(UCCX) UCCX 12.5(1) ES03 and CCP 12.5(1) ES03 is now Available !
Published: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 11:04:56 GMT

This is a cumulative ES that contains all the fixes from ES releases prior to ES02 plus the fixes done in ES03.
This release covers some of the crucial fixes such as Prompts don't play after a Hold / Unhold step in script (CSCvv72424),
Finesse Ghost agent issue (CSCvv54659), Call stuck in queue for manual OB traferred calls (CSCvv16078),
CCP Chat times out before 6 minutes when initiated from Chrome 84 or 85 (CSCvv66232).
Also new CLI commands are introduced to take care of CUIC report timeouts (CSCvu95051). Refer ReadMe for more details.

For more information about this update, click here

Did Su3 resolve your issue?  I am running into the same

We upgraded to Su3 and that fixed the issue.