Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX scripting - play prompt before connecting to agent

glostertelekom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have to create a script, that is playing a prompt before it is connecting to an agent. Our script is working fine, if there is at least 1 free agent, but in case the there are no free agents and the call gets queued the prompt is not played before passing the call to the agent.

The script looks as following:

select resource

selected

play prompt

connect

connected

end

failed

goto start_of_queue

queued

label start_of_queue

Call hold

Delay

Call unhold

Goto start_of_queue

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Attila

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure that's totally correct Anthony, and here's why. 

We used to run into something similar with TDM based IVRs (long before Cisco got into the business).  When the call is queued, the script is putting it on hold.  If an agent were to suddenly become available, the contact would be shifted over to the Selected branch, but the contact is probably still on hold as there is a high probability it was in the DELAY step when it got yanked over.  The prompt play would happen, but since the caller is on hold, they wouldn't hear it.

I think this could be fixed by simply adding a "Call Unhold" right before the play prompt statement in the Selected branch.  It wouldn't hurt if the call wasn't on hold, but if it was, it woud put the media resources back on the line so the caller could hear the prompt before the call gets transferred. 

I may be wrong, but I'll be interested if Attila could try it and let us know.

-Cliff

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Attila,

I would begin with uploading your actual script in order for us to better assist.  From looking at what you have already supplied, I would point to the "queued" section of the script and there not being any pointers to either play a specfic prompt before the call going to the unhold portion of the script.

Thanks

Tony

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

I have attached the current version of the script. (I had to change the file format to .txt from .aef, because .aef files can't be uploaede.)

I made some test with reactive script mode and I could see, that the play prompt step was hit, but I couldn't hear it, because I was hearing the hold music and my call was transfered directly to the agent.

Cheers,

Attila

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are describing a behavior that is not consistent with your sample code provided.

If both what you are describing and your sample code are 100% correct, then you are facing a defect and will need to open a case with Cisco TAC.

I would create a new script from scratch, and only include the steps necessary to reproduce this issue.  Cisco TAC will appreciate your simple script and the resolution to your problem will come much quicker.

With that said, if you find that your behavior is slighly different, or the script is slightly different, do post back so the community can take a look.

Not sure that's totally correct Anthony, and here's why. 

We used to run into something similar with TDM based IVRs (long before Cisco got into the business).  When the call is queued, the script is putting it on hold.  If an agent were to suddenly become available, the contact would be shifted over to the Selected branch, but the contact is probably still on hold as there is a high probability it was in the DELAY step when it got yanked over.  The prompt play would happen, but since the caller is on hold, they wouldn't hear it.

I think this could be fixed by simply adding a "Call Unhold" right before the play prompt statement in the Selected branch.  It wouldn't hurt if the call wasn't on hold, but if it was, it woud put the media resources back on the line so the caller could hear the prompt before the call gets transferred. 

I may be wrong, but I'll be interested if Attila could try it and let us know.

-Cliff

Hi Guys,

I have just tested, what Cliff has suggested and it solved my problem. I put an additional "Call Unhold" just before the play prompt statement and the hold music was stopped and the prompt was played out.

I'm not familiar how this discussions are working, but I have another problem. Can I ask it here, or I should open a new one. Anyway, I write my question and I would copy it to a new discussion in worst case. :)

This script works with an external DB, where I'm making some parameter changes and at the end I get an intiger back to from DB. This intiger is converted to a prompt and played out by the script. My problem is, that the number is 8 digit long and I would like play it out in 4 part. Every part would contain 2 digit. I write an example just to make it clear what I want.

I get the following number from the DB: 12345678.

I want to play it out in format 12, 34, 56, 78 not in 12345678.

Thank's guys!

Cheers,

Attila

I'm impressed.  Nice work my friend.

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cliff,

I have kind of similar situation where once agent is selected by the system and call starts ringing on agent's workstation, caller hears MOH at that moment which is little weird.

Ideally caller should hear ringback (instead of MOH) once call started ringing at agent's desk. I used "Call Unhold" step in the 'Selected' branch, however it didnt change anything.

Need your guidance here.

Thank you.