Helpful
Replies

Unified CCX Historical Reports - Sorting Reports

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

UCCX: 8.5.1.11004-25

I was just asked a question by one of our managers of our CallCenter, who is a user of the "Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports" program. He asked if it was possible to sort a report by the Agents' Last Name, instead of their First Name..? The report he is running is the Agent State Summary Report and if you click into the "Detailed" tab before you run the report it only gives sorting options for: Agent Name, which turns out to be sortewd by Agent's first name.

So is there any way to do this from Unified CCX Historical Reports? It seems like a pretty basic thing that you should be able to do..?

I know I could save it to an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file, or something like that and sort it manually or by a script, but that isn't really an option for this user.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt

The canned reports can be sorted by a set of criteria that are programmed into the SQL stored procedures on the server. 

Your options for getting around that are:

1) Export to Excel and sort as  you suggest

2) Produce a custom variant of the report that sorts as you need it to.

With the right knowledge/tools/experience it would be a few hours work to produce such a custom report. The downside is that you would need to deploy a few files manually (or with your enterprise desktop management tools - there's no Cisco mechanism) each workstation where HRC is used. Lemme know if you need a contractor to do it, or if you have good SQL/XML/Crystal Report skills I can advise.

If you are considering upgrading CCX soon CUIC is easier to work with in some ways... but you would still need to produce a custom report that would have last name first in a field so you can click the header and sort it :-)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey Aaron, thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

Ok, so it would have to be done on the back-end of the UCCX Database..? If that's the case I'll have to find out how important it is for him to have it sorted this way.

However I have made some good progress with Excel VBA developing a macro for him that will sort this in such a way. We'll see how that goes, I've already gotten it to split out the Name column into 2 separate columns, first and last name in ColA and ColB. So I think I should be able to work this out.

Thanks again for the reply!

Thanks,

Matt

OK, have fun :-)

Generally it boils down to how regularly this is done - if he's reporting daily he may get fed up of doing it very quickly and the mod would be worth looking at.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!