Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using WxCC API with in the Flow designer

Hi,

I would like to inquire whether it's possible to call the WxCC API within a flow. My intention is to modify the value of a global variable within the flow, enabling authorized business users to update the global variable status using phone calls.

For example, I have created a global variable called "Emergency_Status," which I've incorporated into two of my flows:

1. In the general flow check the current status of the variable ({{Emergency_Status == true}}) to play or not to play emergency treatment.
  2. In the activation flow to update the variable

I understand that WxCC doesn't support the concept of persistent variables, and the only way to update them is through the CCMP (CH) interface. However, I am exploring the possibility of using the activation flow to update this variable's value. While I'm aware that even if I manage to update the value, it will only be valid within the session and not outside the flow. Nevertheless, if I can utilize the WxCC API to update the value within the flow, it may allow me to achieve my desired outcome.

I found the following resource that can be used for global variable API.

https://developer.webex-cx.com/documentation/global-variables/v1/retrieve-global-variables-by-id

Could any one please advise if there is a way to use the WxCC API within the flow designer?

Regards,

Shalid 

3 Replies 3

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 
Apologies for the delay. Have you tried using the HTTP Request Flow Control? I'm just testing that on my side, by creating a custom connector and adding details for that in the HTTP request flow control. Will let you know how that goes but you can possibly try testing that too.

GaryAlguire9334
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck?

Sorry for the delay in getting back. You can use the HTTP Request flow control for this. You will have to create a custom connector (i.e. an integration, see this: Integrations | Webex Contact Center for Developers) so that you can then use the resulting OAuth access token created from that to make the API request. This is possible.