Views
Helpful
Replies

VXML Session timeout in application error log

josephdontz
Level 4
Level 4

Fellow experts-

I'm running into an issue 2-6 times per day on servers that are taking 5-8k calls per day in this application where the session timeout value is being invoked within the application.  CVP 8.5(1).

xx.xx.xx.247.1478515519773.2039.IVR_R_Main,11/07/2016 06:02:33.619,A VoiceXML Session timeout occurred at element 7115: A session has timed out after 15 minutes. This is most likely caused by a start of call class or action element at the top of the callflow not completing before the voice browser's fetch timeout occurred. To resolve it ensure this class executes in a timely manner or run it in the background. Session timeouts may also occur under high load or if there are issues with a load balancer or voice browser.

xx.xx.xx.247.1478530492266.2904.IVR_R_Main,11/07/2016 10:12:03.611,A VoiceXML Session timeout occurred at element 7111: A session has timed out after 15 minutes. This is most likely caused by a start of call class or action element at the top of the callflow not completing before the voice browser's fetch timeout occurred. To resolve it ensure this class executes in a timely manner or run it in the background. Session timeouts may also occur under high load or if there are issues with a load balancer or voice browser.

I'm not exactly sure what the customer experience is when this occurs, but via the logs it looks as the caller goes away or the app hangs then after the 15 minute session timeout the call ends and clears from the system.  Any ideas on what would be causing this or next steps in troubleshooting?  I don't see any errors in the CVP call server during the timeouts to speak of.

1 Reply 1

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you look in the activity log - which element(s) were executing just

prior to the timeout?

It's probably causing the timeout.

I've most often seen session timeout(s) when invoking subdialog apps,

but in 8.5 there were other instances of this as well.