Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Contact Center capture API access control

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have a department looking to create a way to download recorded calls for further analysis. They are a team within the org, and there are other teams that they shouldn't have access to download from.

Since the API access require CC admin rights, wouldn't that allow them to have access to all recordings and not just to their team's recorded calls?

4 Replies 4

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Avner Izhar  so are you using https://developer.webex-cx.com/documentation/captures/v1/list-captures ? It should work for tasks within the org, not just the tasks of the authenticated user. Is this not what they are seeing?

I want it to not have access to the entire org, only to a specific team, is that possible?

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Avner Izhar I don't think you can restrict that from the API or the access token side.

gkovanis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Avner Izhar , you are correct that API does not provide this kind of access control, by default the API will have visibility for all recordings. If you go through this path, only way would be that in the script/programming logic you create, when retrieving the IDs that you want to download (which I assume you will also use an API to fetch which are the sessions you want to download the record from), you can first make sure that they only retrieve IDs that fall under their department.

However, if they use the portal's Recording Management tab to see & download the recordings, they will only see the recordings that correspond to the Access Rights of their User Profile. So, although this will require to download recording one-by-one through the portal, depending on the size it may be an alternative that would not allow users to see other teams' recordings.