Views
Helpful
Replies

wget –O – command to Cisco Linux Server such as UCS Server

giodias01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We would like to seek your expertise on this please. One of our client is asking if  wget –O – can be used or this command is possible to input in Cisco Servers . If yes, do you have any ideas on how we are going to do it?. They need to install an application. This application is going to be used as prevention to what they had experienced vulnerabilities on their system. They need to input  wget -O- such as like below format.

http://hjjkgdq/deploy--client.sh|sh

Is this possible? If yes, do you know how? If no, may I know, why?

THank you so much for you help.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your question doesn’t make sense. If you’re talking about the UCS chassis then you can run whatever command you want within the OS you install on it.

If you’re asking about Cisco contact center products - which is what I assume since you posted this thread in that area of the forums - then the answer is likely ‘no’. For example, with Contact Center Express the GNU/Linux OS is sealed off - you cannot access true bash CLI or otherwise get root access. Your only CLI access option is a Cisco-written Java input interpreter. It’s treated as a sealed appliance.

Hi jonathan,

yes it is a contact center such as UCCX. You are saying that in order to input this kind of command we need to have a root access. And I think only Cisco TAC engineers have root access to these servers. Is it possible to open a TAC case regarding this and the TAC engineer will just do the configuration..

Thank you

Nope. TAC is only permitted to use root access when they have identified a specific software defect and the resolution to that defect requires root access. Neither you or TAC are allowed to install or make customer-requested/specific changes to the virtual machine via bash/root.