cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the point of being able to add custom gadgets to the Finesse Horizontal Header? (12.0 upwards)

matthew.sreeves
Level 1
Level 1

This post nicely describes how to add a custom gadget to the Finesse Horizontal Header bar: https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/finesse-12-0-horizontal-header-gadget/td-p/3814418

This looks like it ought to be a really useful feature to have. However, as a custom gadget is always rendered within an iframe, we can't really do much with it. It would be nice to be able to implement a button which causes a drop-down or modal to be displayed containing lots of extra stuff that covers over the rest of the screen, in the same way as the other Cisco standard controls in the Horizontal Header bar. However, those are all rendered as *components* now, not gadgets, which evidently makes it possible for them to do that.

Unfortunately, Cisco haven't yet allowed 3rd parties to create their own components, so we're limited to whatever we can do within the physical boundaries of the iframe - which isn't a lot, unless I'm missing something?

3 Replies 3

Denise responded to my similar question that, as the doc says, components rely on validations etc. that make it difficult to enable 3rd party code to participate.  As you said, they're not iFrames, so poorly behaved components could wedge the entire desktop.

You can, however, create an invisible gadget and simply inject a DOM component into the toolbar at a location of your choosing, even use Cisco's CSS classes to make it sit pretty.

Chris

I agree, injecting a DOM component into the toolbar is an option. However, you're then at the mercy of any DOM changes that Cisco make in future Finesse versions - as demonstrated by the complete GUI redesign between 11.x and 12.x which has caused us considerable problems in this regard.

We are only using it for link collections so the agent have these when they are sitting i Finesse. It then opens a new window.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.