Views
Helpful
Replies

Whole call recording in UCCX

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have CUCM 12.5 and UCCX also is 12.5

When incoming calls comes to UCCX then uccx plays promt for calling party. After promt ends call is coming to an agent. I am using build to bridge feature on devices to record calls. Calls are actually sending to 3-party call recording software.

The question is how can i record the whole call which includes played promt to calling party + calling party and agent conversation ?

1 Accepted Solution
11 Replies 11

Hey Genadi

You have to use network-based recording for that.

Feature Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 12.0(1) - Recording [Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)] - Cisco

• In IP phone based recording, recording media is sourced from the phone. The phone forks two media streams to the recording server.

• In network-based recording, recording media can be sourced from either the phone or the gateway. When you implement network-based recording, the gateway in your network must connect to Unified Communications Manager over a SIP trunk.

With the BIB (Build In Bridge) the recording is only happening on the phone

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Do i need any license on my gateway ?

I am using v8000 CUBE

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.10.01a

Do you have any guide how to configure cube and CUCM to support that feature? I can't even find any guide

I mean that you need an advanced SIP license, because you have to use MediaForking on your cube

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured using this guide https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKCOL-3672.pdf

When i check on my CUBE AFTER phone answered the call i can see that media is forking from CUBE to my recording server which ip is  10.195.103.205. BUT media is not forking while call is in UCCX. How can i record all what calling party hears when he comes to UCCX?

Cube-Core#show call media-forking
Warning: Output may be truncated if sessions are added/removed concurrently!

Session Call n/f Destination (port address)
42826 A747 near 28342 10.195.103.205
42827 A747 far 28344 10.195.103.205

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

Update. I have enabled recording,recording profile and recording method on CTI devices. So now all calls coming to CTI devices can be recorded. The problem is that i do not want to have separated files. I need to have one recording file. 

Any ideas?

I don't think you'll be able to get exactly what you want, since you're recording from two different perspectives (one from CUBE and one from phone), and each has the pros and cons.

Phone/built in bridge is great in that it lets you capture all agent interaction, but not what caller experienced prior to being delivered to agent.
CUBE recording is great to hear all caller experience, but you miss out on potential agent to agent or agent to other group calls if they don't traverse the CUBE.

That's fine for me. My case is to record the whole call that comes from PSTN.

So how can i do that? If i will configure media proxy on CUBE will it record the whole call ? Call is coming to UCCX route point and than is transfered to an agent. So if i will configure CUBE media proxy will i have the whole conversation including UCCX promts ? 

I can't answer your direct question since I've not done your exact setup but if you're forking the media from the CUBE, you should hear the whole caller experience. This is what we did with CUBE with UCCE using Mediasense and then Calabrio (unfortunately Mediasense no longer available, that was a great Cisco product).

Genadi
Level 1
Level 1

I have opened case to cisco. Cisco said that i need to use SIPREC for that purpose