Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI accesses parser

ksarek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues!

Im trying to parse all accesses between endpoints in ACI via API (including vzAny accesses). 

Now, I have got enormous script with a lot of consecutive steps of filling dictionaries:

1. dictionary with contracts used in vzAny objects;

2. dictionary with matching EPGs and Tenants;

3. dictionary with matching contracts and filters;

4. dictionary with matching filters and entries (ports);

5. dictionary with matching EP IPs and EPGs;

6. dictionary with list of providers/consumers for each contract;

Next I am using it in huge cycle and collecting all accesses. It's looking ugly and heavy.

Could you share your experience with such task?

5 Replies 5

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ksarek 

By "accesses" you mean which EPG can talk with which EPG (or which EP can talk with which EP)?

If this is what you are trying to obtain, then I think it would be sufficient to have two dictionaries:

1. {"EPG": {"consumed contracts": [], "provided_contracts": []}}

2. {"EP": "EPG it belongs to"}

If you are asked if two EPs can talk, you simply search if there are any common items between ( EPG1_consumed_contracts, EPG2_provided_contracts) and  ( EPG2_consumed_contracts, EPG1_provided_contracts).

vzAny will be a special condition, but is similar with the logic above.

OFC you will have to keep in mind that there are other special conditions which you need to check - part of same EPG, EPG configured or not with intra-epg isolation, uEPG, ESGs.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hello, thank you for reply!

>>>By "accesses" you mean which EPG can talk with which EPG (or which EP can talk with which EP)?

I mean EP-to-EP accesses

>>>If this is what you are trying to obtain, then I think it would be sufficient to have two dictionaries:

1. {"EPG": {"consumed contracts": [], "provided_contracts": []}}

2. {"EP": "EPG it belongs to"}

Yes, I have used close structure, but I need additional dictionaries for vzAny cases, filters and entries matching.

>>>OFC you will have to keep in mind that there are other special conditions which you need to check - part of same EPG, EPG configured or not with intra-epg isolation, uEPG, ESGs.

OFC, there are many special conditions here...

What about my structure in general? Is it optimal approach or I can find something more graceful?

Depending on the code it can be more or less optimal. But keeping in mind of so many different exceptions, I do not see a straight forward way to do it, other then checking each first for intersection of contracts, then look for exceptions.

Cheers,

Sergiu

I just thought about "secret" url in object browser for optimal API request;)

So, I will optimise my code then. Thank you!

Nah, that would be too easy, right? ^_^

Cheers,

Sergiu