cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI-Tookit Time out errors from baseline.py

telestrial2020
Level 1
Level 1

lib/python3.11/site-packages/requests-2.28.2-py3.11.egg/requests/adapters.py", line 553, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='sandboxapicdc.cisco.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/aaaLogin.json (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4a75b63390>, 'Connection to sandboxapicdc.cisco.com timed out. (connect timeout=90)'))

5 Replies 5

telestrial2020
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue in Windows 10.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the timeout exception?  I am not experiencing any excessive latency or permission issues with any other apps.  -tia

\ACI\aci-learning-labs-code-samples\aci-works\Lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 553, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='sandboxapicdc.cisco.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/aaaLogin.json (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x00000223543CBE50>, 'Connection to sandboxapicdc.cisco.com timed out. (connect timeout=90)'))

I believe all "always-on" sandboxes are under review and inaccessible at this time.

q.

telestrial2020
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you qsnyder.  That seems to make sense.  The exceptions thrown were excessive tries and missing the ninety second login threshold.  Any idea when they will become available again?  

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issues with the Always-On sandboxes have (mostly) been resolved.

jbekk
Level 1
Level 1

As someone who had similar issues in April/May 2023 when testing/developing Python scripts on the always on lab. My advice for those that follow is to check the Webportal via a standard web-browser. If you have issues with that, a python request isn't going to be different. Sometimes the always-on lab APICs get into a bad state (for various reasons).

In my instance, the SSL certificates on the lab were corrupted/destroyed (either by malicious operator or by error) and SSL connectivity was therefore broken.

They have some "on request" labs you can reserve and use for the same but you need to VPN in first. That was a good workaround for me with my testing.