cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC EM 1.0 and static paths

EricUlevik
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed APIC EM 1.0 and successfully discovered two Cisco 2901s (running 15.2 (4) M6a) in my lab.

However, I do not see any path information. Does using static routes mean that APIC EM can't tell me anything?

8 Replies 8

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does it look like in topology view in APIC-EM? Can you please show how these two are connected (in real world) ?

topology.png

The topology diagram in the APIC EM web page is above. These devices are connected together in the real world. What I want to do is to switch traffic out of cisco2901-1 between two different path.

Sorry that didn't make it clear. "These devices are connected together" How do they connect together ? Directly ? Via .... that what I like to ask.

EricUlevik
Level 1
Level 1

They are connected through another Cisco router.

Model ? IOS version ? of  "another Cisco router" ? And it's not discovered by APIC-EM right ?

So connection looks like:

2901-1 --- "another Cisco router"(that maybe cloud node on the APIC-EM topology)---2901-2.

Can you "discover "another Cisco router" on APIC-EM to see if you can get the path ?

Another Cisco 2901; adding it shows as 'Unknown' node in the topology diagram, not connected to the tree.

It is running 15.0(1)M4

so no path(link in topology).  Maybe try later version ? In the meanwhile, let me ask some experts>

Supported RoutersMinimum Software VersionRecommended Software Version
Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) G2>=15.0(1)M, >=15.2(4)M2

Do you have CDP enabled on the interfaces that link the devices? Also SNMP read on all devices?  Today the controller uses CDP for neighbour information.