Views
Helpful
Replies

Contracts and FilterEntry

szehnder
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ACI Team

Thanks for the excellent work with the toolkit! I just started to play with it and it's fun!

I have a question/remark regarding the contract/filter object-model. Now I create a FilterEntry and I need to associate directly a Contract... What I miss is an Object "Filter", which may contains several FilterEntries. The Filter object may then be referenced by the contract object.

Does that make sense or I am missing something here?

Regards,

Samuel

2 Replies 2

michsmit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for trying the acitoolkit !  In the APIC object model, a Contract (vz:BrCP) contains vz:Subj instances that contain a reference object  vz:RsSubjFiltAtt that references vz:Filter that contains vz:Entry objects.  In the acitoolkit, we hide these details by creating a Contract that contains FilterEntry instances.  The acitoolkit will create the intermediate objects automatically when the configuration is pushed to the APIC.

Thanks,

Michael

I get the creation steps here and thank you for explaining that.  Is it possible to specify the name of the Subject (not important) and the Filter name (much more important)?  Currently, it adds "_Filter" to the FilterEntry name and I'd like to remove that.  BTW, I don't remember this behavior in the past, but I might not have been paying attention before. 

Thanks for any help.