Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center DHCP scope option 60 configuration

tyhill2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have installed a Cisco DNA Center appliance and I am wanting to use it for provisioning new switches. With the APIC-EM, there was documentation on how to configure option 60 in the DHCP scope on a DHCP server. Does anyone know where to get the scope option configuration for DNA Center, or is it the same as APIC-EM?

Thank you

Ty

8 Replies 8

tyhill2014
Level 1
Level 1

I found deep in one of the threads that the DHCP scope option 60 appears to be the same as used for the APIC-EM.

Ty

there is no dependancy i know of.

option 60 is just used to differentiate on the DHCP server which devices you want to get option 43 of APIC-EM/DNAC.

DNAC does not care.. it gets discovered by the device.

Hi Adam

We have Cisco Prime Infra with many device templates and we can use these templates for Plug and Play with APIC-EM because there is integration between Cisco PI and APIC-EM

Is there the same integration between Cisco PI and DNA-C? and how to configure that in Cisco PI?

Thanks

Hi Dien,

no, there is no API integration between DNA-C and PI.

DNA-C has a templating engine, and it uses velocity language  (just like PI).

You should be able to use the same templates within DNA-C as you are using in PI.

DNA-C 1.2 has a UI and workflow engine for PnP now too.

Adam

Hi Adam

In Prime we have Global Variables, which can be re-used for many templates

Any idea how to create something similar to Global Variables in DNA-C template?

Thanks

depending what vars you want to use, we can bind a variable in a template to information in DNAC system settings.

For example, you could bind a template variable to ntp server etc.

Vars can also bind to inventory/interface information too.  This would be specific information that DNA-C had for the device.